GilAssayas

High quality "Still Alive" is done!

25 posts in this topic

Hey all,

My name is Gil, I'm a member of an Israeli rock band called "missFlag".

I noticed the creators of the 2D Portal (which is fantastic BTW!) are also Israeli, so I thought it would be cool to post this here :wink:

After uploading a low quality video of us playing "Still Alive" a few months ago, and receiving thousands of requests for a high quality version, we finally decided to hit the studios and record the cover properly.

It's now done and we've released it as a free MP3.. and we'd love to hear what you all think! :)

You can hear it over here:

Download the MP3 from here:

http://www.missflag....?section=portal

Cheers!

Gil

Omg I have the high High quality version for days (from HL2WORLD) and I never knew you guys are Israelis, Respect!

Wow I just herd some songs on your sites, you guys sound great, just like Coldplay :) . (Nice accent btw)

That great accent is very rare in Israel. Luckily for me, I have it :P.

You really screwed up that meesah thing >.<

(I'm Israeli too, and somehow I accidentally met Ido in a GMod server, and he's in my sister's class XD)

Who made the cake in the end? (The youtube one)

Hey guys, big thanks for the kind words!

Yeah I guess we mispronounced the word Mesa, our mistake... it sounded like MEESA (still does, actually :P) in the original.

Friggin' awesome. I had no idea you guys were Israeli

Love your cover.

I had no idea you guys were Israeli either, until I saw the end-game credits. Was a real pleasant surprise ;)

Great job too, I had a blast playing it!

The cake at the end was taken from a google image search. I wish I had made it :o

Every time they mention cake, plus in the end of the song, there's that picture. By the way that someone who thought it was random is stupid :P

By the way, why does it start with a "This is a one, two, three, four"?

It seems the people who make the best things inspired from portal are from Israel. Isn't that weird and... Kinda freaky?

If no one knows about it, then it doesn't mean anything.

*builds a megaphone*

ATTENTION ATTENTION, The world has belonged to Israel in the past 50 years. We just decided to announce it now, please evacuate the world as soon as possible. Thank you for your time. Oh, and you have to give us 999.99$. Each.

Actually, make that 99999999.99 New Worldwide Shekels. Yeah, we have the right to make new types of money, we own the world! 1 NWS is as much as 999999999937629.4985472$

Neat-Nit said:

If no one knows about it, then it doesn't mean anything.
*builds a megaphone*

ATTENTION ATTENTION, The world has belonged to Israel in the past 50 years. We just decided to announce it now, please evacuate the world as soon as possible. Thank you for your time. Oh, and you have to give us 999.99$. Each.

Actually, make that 99999999.99 New Worldwide Shekels. Yeah, we have the right to make new types of money, we own the world! 1 NWS is as much as 999999999937629.4985472$

OK right, let's stick to the cake.

Wow. I just heard the cover today, before I checked WCS. I haven't checked this site in months, and when I do, a member of who made the cover posts on it. I even posted a comment on the video... The internet's a small network.

I have surprise for you.

Deploying surprise in five... four... thr- [ERROR]

We are sorry. The surprise has been replaced with a surprise download link.

http://rapidshare.co...still_alive.rar

We are trying to fix this problem, as it is extremely fatal.

(Ok, now to give a reason why I'm bumping a 2 months old thread)

I put that into portal, and here's the video. As you can see there, the song's not perfectly synced with the text. I found how to fix it, but it will take me some time, then I will upload the song with the fixed text thing as a small package.

I'm also thinking of doing this to The Device Has Been Modified, but it is much more work.

i like your version, but i still enjoy the turrets cute voice

im from australia so i feel left out

Hen7 said:

Omg I have the high High quality version for days (from HL2WORLD) and I never knew you guys are Israelis, Respect!

Wow I just herd some songs on your sites, you guys sound great, just like Coldplay :) . (Nice accent btw)

same here

ive been listening to you for monthes and i never knew you guys are from israel.

respect :D

That's f****** sweet!

(sorry for the f******, ho sh** I said it again, hey wt*?, ho you know I'm just f****** sorry, XD [you know its a joke, right?] )

I'm from IL too, you rock

Really? Strange, with such a small country... And such lame English knowledge... I'm surprised.

NeatNit said:

Really? Strange, with such a small country... And such lame English knowledge... I'm surprised.

Well you think sooooooooooooooo...............
do you think Hen and Ido's english is lame? mine?
We started to learn English from the 1st grade (most of us), we are a normal country, like everyone else, although we speak Hebrew:
"נכון"

EDIT:
You were right about the small country, but it doesn't mean our country is stupid

Ethan795 said:

Nope, I'm not either. I noticed here and on a few other sites, Valve has a really strong Israeli fan base.

Every second kid here plays CS:S.