Tyler Tinsley

http://www.papercrafted.com/

39 posts in this topic

It can be free, which is always a plus side to me...

You have a very unique method of distribution for the tabletop gaming world.

Being paper and all, aren't the pieces subject to wind, crushing, wet, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

while wind is a problem there are few ways for a table top game to avoid that, same thing as watter as most games have at least one component that is paper anyway. crushing can be a problem however the BBB minis are built with folds and shapes that make them very strong for something made out of paper (check out the lady bug). They are much easier to transport then mettle or even plastic minis because they are so light you can just toss them all in a box and they wont crush each other.

Also the cards are two pieces of card stock glued together (I.E. Laminated) and they can actually be far stronger then cards that come with games normally (though they have less flexibility and are not recommend for games where they need to be shuffled).

the biggest problem is most board gamers do not want to assemble them, however my deal with 4Kids is going to net me some cash and keep the game free to download as it will all be supported by ads. i cant wait to start anew era of add supported table top games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am downloading right now, but I have a question.

What type of game is it? Download PDFs, print and fold (I can do that btw), a computer game or... What?

Sorry, no time to read... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NeatNit said:

I am downloading right now, but I have a question.
What type of game is it? Download PDFs, print and fold (I can do that btw), a computer game or... What?
Sorry, no time to read... :D


A table top game (think Warhammer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only I knew Warhammer...

Anyway I downloaded, and pretty much figured it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a small question...

Why is the rules page called 'Quick Start'? Is it not the full rules or something?

Sorry for double post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's enough to play with what is currently out. the full rules will include some extra stuff and a few new mechanics (how to deal with new bases). the full rules are not available at this time.

i would love to have any feed back you may have on the game or any other question (i want to have a FAQ in the full rules)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I printed everything (including the extras) but haven't looked at anything yet. I just have one tip: Try making the PDF filesize much smaller. You make great pictures, and draw pretty much perfectly, but the filesize just... It's crazy.

It took my printer like 10 seconds to print 2 pages. It took my computer about 45 seconds to send those pages to the printer. What I'm saying is not that I can do better, because I can't, but that you can.

I'd love to help any way I can, unfortunately I can't (unless you can find anything for me to do - I think I can translate to Hebrew :P)

Good luck! I'm going to bed now to read it before falling asleep on it ><.

Edit (next morning): Ok, I read it, but it was super-late so I didn't understand anything. Also, I think you need to rephrase some things. And you had some typos: In the butterfly card, you wrote:

Flap

Any time during

your turn you may

fold thsi figs wings

up or down.

In the rules page you wrote:

If the totals are tied the figure who's roll has the most white dice is removed from play both figures are removed from play.

I think there are more.

While you fix it, please also try to reduce filesize.

Another edit: I just tried to make the scorpion or whatever it's called (under the lady bug) and i noticed the tail doesn't fit the crack. Either make the crack bigger or the tail thinner (right next to the grey gluing area)

Or make it clear to cut about quarter-way through the line separating between the grey and the tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have battle for macragge warhammer 40k set & im getting winrar back to download this (i reinstalled windows for bigger HD & more RAM, so i need to get winrar back)

I hope its good *anticipation*

edit: *reading rulebook* :huy::ashy::sad:|::sick::holyshi::blawh::Arr: aka: i dont understand it

IT MAKES NO SENSE! HELP ME!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's exactly sort of what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys thanks for the feed back, you have the beta files so i was expecting a few bugs to pop up here and there (pun not intended but loved anyway)

NeatNit said:

I'd love to help any way I can, unfortunately I can't (unless you can find anything for me to do - I think I can translate to Hebrew :P)

what your doing right now is help enough, Thanks!

NeatNit said:

Edit (next morning): Ok, I read it, but it was super-late so I didn't understand anything. Also, I think you need to rephrase some things. And you had some typos: In the butterfly card, you wrote:

Flap

Any time during

your turn you may

fold thsi figs wings

up or down.

i sure this has been fixed in some edition of the files, however i make mistakes like this all the time, i will duble check to make sure its fixed in the final release

NeatNit said:

In the rules page you wrote:

If the totals are tied the figure who's roll has the most white dice is removed from play both figures are removed from play.

I think there are more.

Wow thats a big mistake! it should read something like this

"If the totals are tied the figure who's roll has the most white dice is removed from play. if both figures rolls share the same amount of white dice then they are both removed from play."

basically if a card has more black dice it will win in a tie

NeatNit said:

While you fix it, please also try to reduce filesize.

while i'm not sure how to do this i will look into it. the files are a complex mix of type, raster, and vector images 'm not sure how to compress them without reducing print quality.

NeatNit said:

Another edit: I just tried to make the scorpion or whatever it's called (under the lady bug) and i noticed the tail doesn't fit the crack. Either make the crack bigger or the tail thinner (right next to the grey gluing area)

Or make it clear to cut about quarter-way through the line separating between the grey and the tail.

i can understand the confusion, with most paper craft kits the goal is to cut out the shapes leavening no outlines on the final piece, however with the thick coloring book style line work on these models this is likely not apparent . I guess you reasoned that they should cut to the edge or center of the line?

while i have sent these rules and pieces out to other groups and they understood them well, I'm interested in hearing more about what is confuseing you about the rules, i want to make these things watter tight for the full release At www.4kids.tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said:

NeatNit said:

In the rules page you wrote:
If the totals are tied the figure who's roll has the most white dice is removed from play both figures are removed from play.

I think there are more.

Wow thats a big mistake! it should read something like this
"If the totals are tied the figure who's roll has the most white dice is removed from play. if both figures rolls share the same amount of white dice then they are both removed from play."

basically if a card has more black dice it will win in a tie
Ok, I understand, but you should make yourself more clear. Where are you from? Probably not USA :P. Ok, I'm laughing at you English a little :P, but I sometimes have trouble with my language too so it's alright.
Somehow, I have no idea how, I'm better at English though. Allow me to try and rephrase that:
In case of a tie, the figure with the most circles (bigger number) on it's roll dice wins. If the rolls tie too, both figures are removed from play.

You also said:

NeatNit said:

While you fix it, please also try to reduce filesize.


while i'm not sure how to do this i will look into it. the files are a complex mix of type, raster, and vector images 'm not sure how to compress them without reducing print quality.
Ok, you have got a lot to learn. You can't learn it for me, I have even more to learn, but still, I mean even the simple rules page is a big file! Perhaps you can find someone to help you with that, you don't have to do it all by yourself. You're a better creator, and I'll tell the truth one of the most original I've seen, but you're not that good of a PDF maker..

After that, you said:

NeatNit said:

Another edit: I just tried to make the scorpion or whatever it's called (under the lady bug) and i noticed the tail doesn't fit the crack. Either make the crack bigger or the tail thinner (right next to the grey gluing area)
Or make it clear to cut about quarter-way through the line separating between the grey and the tail.


i can understand the confusion, with most paper craft kits the goal is to cut out the shapes leavening no outlines on the final piece, however with the thick coloring book style line work on these models this is likely not apparent . I guess you reasoned that they should cut to the edge or center of the line?
Oh... Perhaps I should have read the enjoyment page more carefully, I remember something about it being there.


For the last quote in this post, you said:

while i have sent these rules and pieces out to other groups and they understood them well, I'm interested in hearing more about what is confuseing you about the rules, i want to make these things watter tight for the full release At www.4kids.tv
If you give it to me as text, or a word file or something, I might rephrase things the way I understand them, trying to be more clear. Hopefully, I'll make it easier for me to understand too! :P
Again, not trying to laugh at you, just want to help.


Sorry if this post offended you in any way, I joke too much around the web and sometimes I go too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NeatNit said:

Again, not trying to laugh at you, just want to help.
Sorry if this post offended you in any way, I joke too much around the web and sometimes I go too far.


Really?

I find this kinds of stuff hilarious! here i am an American and my English is usually corrected by people who know English as only a second or third language. It's a a part of my self that i must laugh about while i try to work on it.

The final version of this game will be presented on the website 4Kids.tv

They handle all the Saturday mooring cartoons on the FOX TV network in America.

I'm sure they will take care of most of these issues as they are formatting the PDFs and creating players guides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, cool. And actually, when you learn a second or third language, you usually look more into it. Most Americans don't even know proper Present Perfect (I have broken my leg...) or Present Perfect Progressing (I have been writing this...), but they teach that in school in other countries. Well, at least they do in English Speakers class :) (for kids bored from the regular class ^^).

So it's good that you know to laugh at yourself, because some people, and unfortunately actually most people, take things too seriously.

Did I mention that I knew the "thsi" was a typo and not an error? :P

Once the full version is released, please remember to email me with a link? [email protected]

I want to see the improvements. By the way, if you can make a tutorial video or something, and even better - an online flash game with other people! (Ok I know you can't do the second one, but it's a good idea.. :D)

Although this is a good forum to mention that idea, Ido might see this and do it. Ok, not high chances...

For some reason I feel that I should finish this post that I've taken too far, so bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I beat you with this post? Lol I saw you online.. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when's it coming to the 4kids thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew that, didn't they give you a more specific time in May? Like, for example, sometime in May after May 14th? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nope, while i could press them to get more specific I'm reluctant to do so. the person I'm working with on this is also very exited to get the game up on their site, however huge companies like this have a whole lot to get done and tend to move slowly.

no worries though it will be up eventually and when it is it will rock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

I'd love to see the changes, fixes and added stuff!

Do you happen to have a time machine? One that, for example, could send itself here in like 1 minute and take me to June?

You know, if it will get stalled and come out in June 7th, it would make a great birthday gift for me! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most papercrafts are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... The month is almost over.

Any better ETA than 'in May'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites