Patacorow

Usergroups??

Is this a good idea?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Since I know phpBB forums like this one have usergroups, why can't we use some here? All there is are WCS team and registered user.... Can't we have something like:

Portaler (Mostly posts on the portal forum)

G-Moder (Talks a lot about modding)

God of posts (A user that posts almost everywhere)

Well-known user (a well known user)

Moderator (a new type!)

Adminstraitor (For WCS team)

Weak (Somone who has 1 - 15 posts)

now im sure we don't need ALL of these groups but we need SOME groups, even not from the list above. What do you think?

They can, and in this forum it would be useless, give special permissions to forums.

If you'd have made like 3 groups one could be Beta Testers that have their own bug reporting forum, kinda like Introversion always does, but it's pretty much too late now...

By the way, WCS Team and Registered user aren't groups, they're titles. They have almost nothing to do with groups.

NeatNit said:

They can, and in this forum it would be useless, give special permissions to forums.
If you'd have made like 3 groups one could be Beta Testers that have their own bug reporting forum, kinda like Introversion always does, but it's pretty much too late now...

By the way, WCS Team and Registered user aren't groups, they're titles. They have almost nothing to do with groups.

Um, so they're pretty much useless? :eyes: In which case, I'm going to vote no. I understand why they could be useful I just don't think it fits these forums very well.

I would like to see a rep system though =D

Patacorow said:

Ethan795 said:

I'm quite the forum n00b - what's the pointadvantagesdisadvantages of user groups?

Your not a noob! =D

Haha, I ment in terms of forums.

Whereas I know how to act on forums, basic rules and common manners, I know little on the technical side and besides WCS and a few forums specific for games, I've no experience.