Patacorow

ExitE - Portal multiplayer

41 posts in this topic

Ethan795 said:

Sounds fun. I'd play if I had the specgames. That's going to add a whole new aspect to Portal.

The problem is that the portalgun there stinks. but at least it works. the portals look bad and the gun model is the super-graivty gun.

If I'm not wrong it was before portal, kinda like TFV. Never played it, but I did see it. Can't they change the model now, then?

NeatNit, ExitE is no longer used, so they don't change the model.

Anyway, can somone download it and play against me? Im booooored...... :sad:

Ethan795 said:

Sounds fun. I'd play if I had the specgames. That's going to add a whole new aspect to Portal.

Sorry that post was kinda useless, I was in college and had to get to a lesson as I was writing.

I'm curious...do bullets go through the Portals? That could be interesting.

Also, it doesn't really matter if the Portals are not all that visually, does it? I sometimes feel I'm the only one left who doesn't care so much for graphics. A lot of people seem to ignore the positives of simple graphics, too. For example, if a games character looks very detailed (e.g. Solid Snake) then he's difficult to relate to - if he looks very vague (e.g. Mario) then a wider range of people relate (due to his look being less specific).

I really need to sort myself out with a decent computer, but I'm leaving that till September when I go to University (that's what student loans are for, eh? :wink2: ). Until then, well, I won't be playing.

Meh, I've played it before Portal came out it was pretty nice back then but not now compared to Portal.

i played it a few monts ago, noone plays it & yes bullets do go through portals. The only thing i could do then is pull suicide by firing a revolver through the portal

Ethan795 said:

Ethan795 said:

Sorry that post was kinda useless, I was in college and had to get to a lesson as I was writing.

I'm curious...do bullets go through the Portals? That could be interesting.

Also, it doesn't really matter if the Portals are not all that visually, does it? I sometimes feel I'm the only one left who doesn't care so much for graphics. A lot of people seem to ignore the positives of simple graphics, too. For example, if a games character looks very detailed (e.g. Solid Snake) then he's difficult to relate to - if he looks very vague (e.g. Mario) then a wider range of people relate (due to his look being less specific).

I really need to sort myself out with a decent computer, but I'm leaving that till September when I go to University (that's what student loans are for, eh? :wink2: ). Until then, well, I won't be playing.

Yea, bullets go through portals, and the textures aint good.

I THOUGHT I EMAILED THEM TO STOP SENDING THEIR FUCKING BOTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need more mods for that.

Ido is currently trying to stop the bots.

Character Verification (i.e. "Type the characters in the box") has been added to registration, although that doesn't work on all bots.

Email Verification could also be added, but again there's bots that can get past that.

Here's a thought - how do you all suggest we stop the bots? Any idea is appreciated.

50 character verifications!

Oh wait, that was for humans...

A fake vertification: DON'T ENTER CODE HERE that will trick the bots into putting both vertifications in, and because they put the fake in, they can't register.

or my personal favourite. My mate on his site uses some strange script (dont ask me what type it is i havent a clue [it doesnt turn up on the source code-- i looked]) that keeps asking you to put a code in each time you click a link. It is a little annoying but he got 30 bots within 5 mins of his site being up. if you don't put the code in correctly it boots you from the site. =]

what exactly do i do with the mod once it's saved? do i have to save to a specific file or extract it or w/e?

-Noob.

i think it says it somewhere. otherwise go to where ever steam is. then steamapps then portal then portal again and copy and paste the .rar files contents into it. (i think thats correct)

NONONONONONONONONO, I think it goes into sourcemods.

Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods

I never tried it though.