Ethan795

Portal: TFV MapPack Level help (Videos)

73 posts in this topic

Hi Im stuck at the point where Im supposed to place the cube on the aperture science super heavyduty super colliding super button ... I cant find the button. I managed to get the cube past the first umm field thingy and climb the stairs ... but what next? Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello. I am currently stuck in some kind of vertical pit with lava at the bottom, right after what looks like a warehouse. I think I've figured out where to go, but I can't get there, no matter what I try. I have opened a portal on a higher wall (making some debris fall in the process), but I can't figure out what to do with it and my view is seriously hampered by floating text.

path said:

Hi Im stuck at the point where Im supposed to place the cube on the aperture science super heavyduty super colliding super button ... I cant find the button. I managed to get the cube past the first umm field thingy and climb the stairs ... but what next? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

I am stuck here too. Help!

Cube thing: You need to place the cube at the edge, jump on it, jump towards the hole in the wall. You should see the floor there allows portals. This can take some tries, but eventually you'll place a portal there. Get the cube (and yourself) through the portal and you'll see a button. The rest it obvious.

Tinox: Post a picture. And if it looks like some chamber from the Flash version, give the number of the flash level.

I need your help for one of the lower levels. I'm stuck here, between two of those blue shiny laserwalls, and I only got one wall to place a portal at. I hope you can help me.

portalfy6.jpg

Hmm, I'd say you didn't take the pics from the best place XD but I have a better idea. In the mappack RAR file, and probably in the portal folder too if you exported everything, there's a picture of all 5 maps edited in together. (I have no idea how he took them and edited them so well, but what the heck)

Take that picture and highlight, in whatever way you want, the place you're in. That will help me help you help us all.

Err.. I mean... That will help me go there and try to see what I did there.

Also, those errors could be (one of) the problem(s).

tombond - Do as I told Tinox.

Tinox - I need a normal-sized version, it looks like you opened the picture, print-screened, put that in something else then you know. Nevermind, I'll try to make one myself for myself. :P

Lemme check... woah. I actually just opened it in Paint, made an arrow to the room and saved it. I don't know what happened, sorry.

It's alright. I made a demo, I'll upload to rapidshare in a second. I mean minute. Probably an hour.

Also, if the demo won't work tell me, I'll record a video. I might also have done it to the wrong place >< but I don't think so.

(I'll edit this post for it)

Here you go: Helping.dem (the first second was laggy ><)

You do know how to play demo files, right? just open console and type 'playdemo ' (with the space at the end) and you should see a list of all the demos. Put the demo file in your portal/portal folder.

Thanks a lot for the effort, I really appreciate this. I've been stuck there for days.

EDIT:

"ERROR: demo network protocol 14 outdated, engine version is 11"

I don'T really want to ask more of you, but maybe you could upload a video to YouTube or something?

YouTube won't let me sign up, and that's something I'll take care of later. I'll make a video and upload to Google Videos.

Ok, it finished recording, now I only have to see how well it was and upload it.

Only one tiny thing - if I upload to rapidshare and you download, I get... a point. It's only one point, so it doesn't matter THAT much, but the more points I have I can convert to premium time. So please try to answer before I finish watching - should I upload to Google videos or rapidshare?

(Watching to see if it's any good)

Oh and stop saying that, I like helping (unlike most people I know IRL) and I have nothing to do anyway.

Edit: Ok, finished watching. Might not be BEST quality, but perfectly understandable. Ignore the warning in the top-right corner and ignore the unfortunate death at the end etc etc...

Just waiting for your response.

(Quite close to off-topic, there are a few things I want. To name two - a new computer and Half-Life 1. Any chance you'd buy it for me? :P

Just kidding, but I do want it. I'll get it when Multiwinia comes out and I'll make my new limited credit card, unless of course you want to gift it to me sooner...)

I think this deserves a new post.. I'm thinking of making a video walkthrough for this, unless someone thinks he (or someone else) can do a better job or has already started?

NeatNit said:

I think this deserves a new post.. I'm thinking of making a video walkthrough for this, unless someone thinks he (or someone else) can do a better job or has already started?

No one has posted anything yet, go for it :)

I can't believe I only now noticed there was a second page...

By all means, upload on Rapidshare if it gives you something more. I don'T mind at all.

(Oh, how I wish I could do such a thing.)

NeatNit said:

Cool! Too bad the levels aren't numbered, or at least not than I can tell. It makes it a cumbersome to a help thread to describe where you're stuck when you first have to explain where the heck you are. I haven't found that any of the help comments or videos on the "flash" version help when stuck in the 3d version.

I'll start on the videos when I come back from school (I'm going in 20 minutes) and I'll upload the video right now Tinox.

(BRB with a link here)

RapidShare refuses to upload it, which is a problem I'll solve later. Uploading to Google...

Ok, this is getting serious. Google won't let me upload either!

I'll try other places, we'll just have to hope for the best.

I'd upload right now but I have to eat.

It's a small movie, I'm trying to stall the eating and upload, but that's like doing the impossible! XD =P