Ethan795

Portal: TFV MapPack Level help (Videos)

73 posts in this topic

Here we go, finally a place that allows me to upload. The quality may be bad, and the resizing makes it even worse, and maybe there are 3-4 buggy frames every time I go through a portal (demo recording issues) but it should be understandable.

Also, it doesn't end well.

VIDEO OMG :o

Ok i'm completely stuck. I'm at the point after getting (or missing) the cake. Went down, past the turrets, through the short tunnel where u crouch and jumo over the pipes and enter the room with the 2 aprture trucks. There's a red arrow above the second truck and (probably a tunnel). How the hell do I get up there??

Help is much appreciated.

Alright, I started the video walkthrough but I only did the first part up to the crusher.

Also, I need someone to say what I tell him (or her) to in the video. I can do it myself but I for some reason don't want to put my voice on the Internet.

Anyone?

(If anyone wants to make another video walkthrough be my guest. Just not literally.)

I'm completely stuck on this one part after getting past the wrecked offices you go through after the jammed door. I can't see any place to project enough forward momentum to get me to the platform and door (around the corner on the right side of the picture).

whatch5.th.png

I'd help out with the voicing, but I don't feel my spoken English is up to the task.

Thanks again, though! I'll tell you all when I finally finish it!

Grey Fox, there is an X mark on the ceiling, put a portal on it, and another one after the stairs, You'll get the idea.

Hen7 said:

Grey Fox, there is an X mark on the ceiling, put a portal on it, and another one after the stairs, You'll get the idea.

I still don't get this one, putting portals on both the red Xes doesn't seem to allow anything special that I can see. Anyone have a more hints or a video?

I, too, investigated the pile-of-office-supplies method...

P.S. Thanks for the map pack (and the flash game), it's awesome.

place a blue portal on the ceiling and a yellow after the stairs, jump into the yellow one and fall from the ceiling, then while mid air, open a blue portal on the floor and fling yourself out from the yellow one.

Ha, I'd just figured that out. The reason I didn't get it before was because the floor under the ceiling cross was where I was storing a big pile of chairs, so putting a portal there was impossible :)

It's a bit of a red herring putting the cross on that one bit of ceiling when you can actually use any of it, normally they refer to a particular place you have to put a portal. Maybe a graffiti of the solution would be better. Or maybe I'm just sore that I didn't see it easily...

Anyway, once again, excellent maps, thanks.

I'm stuck on the one with two buttons next to eachother:

portalsstuckxn4.th.jpg

I can get the first cube on the button but I apparently need to shoot through a hole (top left) that is higher up. I've got close by using the portal setup in the picture. I would fall 3 times then try to shoot a blue at the floor in front of the hole (bottom left in the pic). I can't seem to do it though because the corner is too close.

Is there an easier way?

Hello.

First of all forgive my english, because I don't speak english very well.

And now, my question.

I'm stuck in the room whith the red death field with two buttons under, you have to activate it with cubes, but actually I can only get one because the machine that creates cubes fall appart when I get one.

I think I have to came with the cube from the previous room, but the door now is closed and have no save game outside the room I'm stucked in.

Can some one help me?

And please create a complete Video Walkthrough.

Thanks.

See first page (or second), I already answered that.

Or maybe it was in another thread, probably locked.

It's basically start an infinite loop and put an out portal on the platform under the hole.

Well, if I look up to the tube where the cubes fall I can see threr cubes that don't fall and and red arrow pointing to an air conduct, but I can't shot a portal into that conduct.

Please someone help me!!!

slugabed said:

portalsstuckxn4.th.jpg

I can get the first cube on the button but I apparently need to shoot through a hole (top left) that is higher up. I've got close by using the portal setup in the picture. I would fall 3 times then try to shoot a blue at the floor in front of the hole (bottom left in the pic). I can't seem to do it though because the corner is too close.

Is there an easier way?

I'm also stuck on this part, any help would be appreciated.

BigAT said:

slugabed said:

portalsstuckxn4.th.jpg

Is there an easier way?

I'm also stuck on this part, any help would be appreciated.

Ok I figured that one out. First as you come in the room, stand on the first button (the one in the picture.) Look up and shoot a portal into the room above. Grab the cube inside and push the button to open the door again. Put this cube on that same first button. Then stand on the second button. The door to the next room should open only while you are standing there. If you go near the edge of the button and crouch, you can shoot past door to the wall that is just above the force field. That will get you to the next part

Yes, I was greatly over thinking it.

Also as a hint for later: I had a problem jumping, but somehow if I looked down when I did it, I could jump greater distances. Just looking forward when I ran didn't get me a larger jump. Maybe that's just me.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. Step one: kill turret. Good luck with that. Save it and come back, I'll give better help.

I saw you made some stupid mistakes. Most are tiny, but some are just time wasters. First one it that the turret in the end of the crouch tunnel close to the beginning is broken. Should have showed that.

I only now watched it, now I'll continue. I'll edit if I find more mistakes.

EDIT: Actually, I don't want to watch it now :P but good walkthrough!

I am using the FIRST SLICE and i get up just passt the part where you fall out of the air ducts after seeing the gun that doesnt shoot. I get to the room with 2 doors and a emancipation grill. it says AI disabled and neither door will open WTH DO I DO????

Wait, are you a bot? I don't know what the Demo is like, but if you have a working console try putting AI_disable in there after that happens, see if it helps.

I don't remember that part either, but whatever.