Adrenelite

Just beat the mappack...

38 posts in this topic

Wow, that was nothing short of epic.

The plot did feel a bit like it was a revamping of Portal's, minus a building sense of foreboding. But it was really clever how you were able to reuse Glados's dialogue in a way that was different but which completely made sense. And the addition of the boat, what appeared to be a Chell cloning facility, and the broken portal gun were a great touch. Those additions made perfect sense. I know this game is not strictly speaking "canon" in the Half-Life/Portal universe, but now I'm even more intrigued by the mystery behind Aperture Science. ^^

[/spoiler WARNING]

The puzzles were amazing. Not only did you add more puzzle elements, but the puzzles felt much longer, and they were far more mind-bendy, especially towards the end. You did a really amazing job on this map pack.

Well, that mappack was nothing short of amazing. So good that I signed up just to post this comment!

Excellent use of the portal environment/sounds and also some creative additions that made it more challenging and just as engaging as the original. I was especially blown away by the finale (I didn't know you could even DO that!). Felt like it was made by the game creators.

Definately would have paid to play this one!

Keep up the good work (I'm crossing my fingers that there will be a tfv mappack II :P)

Your title should have been correct a loooong time ago.

JK

Hi! Sorry for bumping an older topic, but i have just beat the mappack myself and i have to say - it's simply amazing. You have made a mappack which is really as good (if not better) as the game itself and i agree that you would deserve a place with the valve developers smile.gif

The puzzles were great; didn't play the actual flash game before but i got through anyway - in about 2 days wink.gif I also loved the storyline and implications, not to mention the wonderful sound editing and the ending encounter - it was both jawdropper and pantsfiller biggrin.gif

Anyway, your mappack is definetly worth some real money but since it's luckily freely available to us all, it is only that much sweeter. Hen & all who participated - you did a great job, thank you for your work! Bye, T.

Worth money, is it? I guess you didn't know that Valve bought it from him and ported it into Xbox. :)

I guess you didn't know that Valve bought it from him and ported it into Xbox. smile.gif

I heard something about players on xbox having to pay for it, but i didn't know Valve has bought it blink.gif Wow, this mappack is truly a great sucess biggrin.gif Congratulations!

EDIT: btw, now that i know the mappack has been bought by Valve & ported to xbox for $, does that mean that the story implications - WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD - like the computer cores being stored on the Borealis, the Chell cloning lab and the combine forces outside Aperture laboratories are oficially canon as well? :huh: If yes, it makes perfect sense; can't wait to see how the storyline will progress in Ep 3 & Portal 2. Thx for any info!

EDIT 2: Nevermind... I just found this entry somewhere: "Unfortunately, neither GlaDOS, nor any other "story elements", will be included in the extra content." :atzovili: This is BS... It would have been so great...

Just finished the mod (wanted to play something familiar before p2 comes out).

IT's F**KING AWESOME!!!

Thank you for great work that you've done. The mod itself plays and feels like a real prequel to main game. I finded that mod on some of torrent trackers and don't know who creator is. When I saw Borealis and transition of individuality modules to the ship I actually believed that is a official valve mod, lol.

Mecha-GlaDOS makes me sh*t my pants but when I destroy it and see the gates opening I thought that when I come out i will see something like a GMan cutscene and hl2ep3 will start ;)

Amazing. Thank you again Hen.

sorry for bad spelling