NeatNit

Useful & LEGAL tools and software - Please keep posting

87 posts in this topic

Useful & legal tools and software

If you read the first few posts, this started as a thread for SUPER

Yeah I agree, this has come up loads for some reason. Whereas it's big at the moment, I doubt it will last enough to deserve its own thread.

How about a "Useful software" thread - people some to want various things for various purposes. Try PMing IdoHen asking.

You're the mod, you have better influence. But it seems like a nice idea. You can turn this one to it if you want, I think you can edit my post and title so just sign your name and go for it! :P

NeatNit said:

You're the mod, you have better influence. But it seems like a nice idea. You can turn this one to it if you want, I think you can edit my post and title so just sign your name and go for it! :P

Oh I'm not up for making that thread:D I don't know the software to being with, anyway. :D

No, just edit mine, you don't have to add your own :D

NeatNit said:

No, just edit mine, you don't have to add your own :D

Well, if you make a post listing a lot of useful software that looks like it could reduce the number of the posts, I see no reason why I can't be stickied although I'd have to ask WCS.

If this thread proves to be helpful for the community, I have no problem leaving it up stickied.

That's a link to Warez! :o

Edit: Edited.

=P

Ok just a few pieces of software I'd personally suggest...

RocketDock - a Mac style dock, for Windows. I use it and find it to be much faster and convenient than the "Start menu" method, particularly if you only regularly use a few programs. Completely Free.

Firefox - Free browser with a lot more features and better, cleverer security than IE.

OpenOffice - Free alternative to MS Office. It openssaves in a wider range of formats, too.

Portable Apps - This is not any specific program, but a range of programs. They're designed to be installed onto a USB stick, so you can take your calander, email client, web browser, etc. with you.

iTunes - Imho, the best music player about. Very well known so little explanation needed.

Google Desktop - This allows you to do Google quality searches on your computer. I use it just for the sidebar, which can be customized with downloadable gadgets, e.g. iTunes controls, Gmail on your desktop, clock, calender, etc.

How do you want this thread to work? Do you want to edit it all into the first post? That would be most useful for people.

Yeah, giving credit to the suggester.

(Editing yours in right now)

Sorry gtg will edit those in when I come back

Ok, this post doesn't seem as bottish.

But it still is..

BAN HIS ASS!!

Tiny - I edited your post to remove the link to music downloads.

"Useful & LEGAL tools and software." is the title because piracy sucks, it discourages people to continue making whatever it is you're taking.

when you click save page as, you get the files on the site too (.swfs etc) so... yeah

The weird part is that the character limit fits perfectly.

Sure is useful, Tophillious, but daraven I don't think that one deserves a part. I'll add it and make sure it stays at the bottom.