rokkun

Cannot load MapPack

18 posts in this topic

I have portal and hl2 installed, and copied the map pack into the correct location. It comes up on the 'bonus maps' window in portal, but when i click load nothing happens.

Any ideas? I am eager to try this pack out :-)

Sorry, the readme instructions said to 'drop' the contents of the rar into the folder, upon further research i realized i had to use the extraction software to extract it straight into that folder. now it works fine :)

What?

What did you do before?

Extract, rather than drag'n'drop - I didn't think it wouldcould make a difference to be honest.

I think when you extract, it has a precontrolled destination (i.e. it goes into the subfolders properly).

Ok... Now, I pretty much understood how to use it until now, but it's gone too far.

For years I've been trying to figure out the answer to the following question, and never managed to come up with something reasonable.

Please, I can take it no longer!

What does i.e. mean?

It comes from the latin "id est" meaning "that is" - so when you some something vague or that you think might be misunderstood, you use it to explain it further.

Or, more commonly around the internet, it stands for Internet Explorer :P

Lol, when people want to say Internet Explorer they say IE, not i.e..

And... If it means 'that is' it makes no sense.

'That is' is what it means, and it does make sense.

"I think when you extract, it has a precontrolled destination (that is, it goes into the subfolders properly)."

Anyway I am having the same problem, and I've tried extracting and drag-&-dropping. In both cases the map pack shows up but when I click load, nothing happens. Any ideas?

I think that this program is sick i.e. amazing.

Thats how it's used.

I think that this program is sick, in other words, amazing.

I cant get mine to load either. I tried what you said and this is all I can get.

Well I was going to put a screen shot picture of what it show, but I cant so I will put it on my site and you may see it there.

Plz do not think this is me just advertising my site, I really need help.

http://sirsournote.w.../helpneeded.htm

I don't know if that link will work, you may need to copy and paste it into the URL.

Did you even try to start it?!

If you were not advertising your site you would of just posted a screenshot. By posting how you did you ARE advertising your site.

Not to metion only one pic works, and takes forever to load.

Seriously, just use ImageShack. It's freeeeeee!

Edit: Oh, my god. Looking at the source of the page, I have reached a conclusion - he has no idea about his life.

Only one pic exists on the server, and that loads shittily slow.

The others are "file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg" etc.!!!!

Let me try:

untitled.bmp

edit: no idea why it doesn't work. Must have something to do with his shitty site.

I wasn't trying to advertise my site, I know it sucks.

I just need help and I am pretty much a noob about most online communication. I don't know how to use image shack or what it even is, and I didn't know the other stuff about the pic's loading problems.

As for image shack being free, so is webs.com, and it gives me and my friends something to play with at school.

Is any actually going to help me, or is everybody just going to criticize my previous post.

And yes I did click it, it just freezes.

Hey I got a friend friend from school to come over and he helped me fix it.Thanks for all your useless comments.

Sry if there was a useful comment I didn't see and lumped it in with all the bad ones.

Glad to hear so. Bottom line, what was it? Just in case another player facing the issue comes across this thread...

Hi, I need help about this.

I have saved the file where it tells me to, then extracted the files.

When I start portal and go to bonus maps, I find it, click on maps, then click on the mappack, next nothing happens.