namttam1992

HELP PLEASE

4 posts in this topic

i really want to play the mappack, but when i download it, its only one RAR file. its like 39.4 MB instead of 40, no readme, and only 1 single file, and when try to open the file, i have NO CLUE on what to open it with, and no clue where to put it, since i dont have the readme. so can somebodyPM me a copy of the readme, and/or tell me whats going on?

something to take into consideration would be that i only have Portal, not half life 2 or any other OB games.

:confused:

Alright, no offense but you clearly have NO clue in computers.

A .RAR file is a compressed file, kind of a folder that is just one file, with less filesize.

Forget what it is, though, Google WinRar or something and download it, it is the most popular program to open those files. If I remember correctly it's free, and it's easy to use.

There's a readme file inside the rar file, if you need any more help post here.

By the way, a .zip is like a simpler version of that, I really don't understand programming though so I personally can't really tell the difference.

Edit: You need HL2 to run this game. You also need Counter Strike: Source.

well, no i understand .zips and such,

this is just th first time ive seen a .RAR file. i actually am pretty good with computers (for being 15).

ill try to figure it out.

a .rar file is smaller than a .zip and is so much harder to run a password cracker on. I think it is also more useful than a .zip file. And if you didn't really pay attention to NeatNit. Pay attention to someone who's almost the same age as you [15 on the 19th july 08] you need CS:S and HL2 to play the mappack.