Protocol.

Wow... That was epic...

7 posts in this topic

:o I have to say, when I downloaded this map pack, I only expected the maps used in the flash version (2d, not much too them). I love how things were twisted up with this version.

Yes I did beat it. I'm pretty much a Portal expert, having clocked in too many hours to count now, and having beaten the game multi-segmented in 18 minutes. This was the first challenge I had in a long time, and it was fun, because I knew whenever I was stuck, it wasn't something that was impossible, it was just me doing something wrong. Having that mindset, it took me about 4 hours to beat the game, and I was rushing through it too.

I won't give it away for those who haven't played yet, but the boss battle at the end is EPIC. It's the first DIFFICULT boss battle I've done in a LONG time. It's hard because you don't know the level, so you're trying to figure out where to go. I saw the slime pit, and thought that was his death......nope.

Great job designers, coders, mapers, hackers, modders, w/e and whoeever worked on this. I could not believe after playing this that this was made by people other then valve. 9001/5

P.S I'm confirming...after playing through it all, that you don't need half-life 2 installed to play this, only deathmatch (which I assume means you only need the hl2 files somehow installed, no matter which game it may be), which can be obtained for free LEGALLY from http://steampowered.com/nvidia , but only if you have a nVidia graphics card (i think)

I hope this gets widespread. I found it while surfing around, and randomly came across it. Good fun.

Great job designers, coders, mapers, hackers, modders, w/e and whoeever worked on this. I could not believe after playing this that this was made by people other then valve. 9001/5

All credit goes to this guy.

Out of curiosity, do you remember how you ended up here (i.e. where did you find a link)?

Oh fuckin' awesome.

Hen my man...where was the announcement? What's your involvement?

Hen7 said:

Subject: E3 08

I can't really talk about it but I'll just say you are wrong.

Shoulda seen the hints >.<

Protocol. said:

http://www.destructo...ils-96152.phtml

look's like they're out to steal his work. good thing it was announced today :P

(sarcasm on the stealing, i know hen was informed :P)
Informed? They emailed him asking to buy them!