sternr

Nightmare house without steam?

31 posts in this topic

Hey,

I have bought The Orange Box as a DVD and not through Steam.

Is there a way to install the Nightmare house mod without using steam?

Thanks ahead

--sternr

i dont know if you can play it without steam because i locate it out of the sourcemods folder in my steam directory have a look if you have a sourcemods folder.

There is no such a thing a DVD version without Steam, you need to install it in order to play, do that and then we'll talk about getting the mod to work.

The DVD comes with a CD-Key that MUST activated through Steam. If that is not the case, then you have a pirated version and I really hope everyone will refuse to help you, since piracy sucks.

NeatNit said:

The DVD comes with a CD-Key that MUST activated through Steam. If that is not the case, then you have a pirated version and I really hope everyone will refuse to help you, since piracy sucks.

Yeah what she said.

I thoughtyou didn't need steam to play the games that you bought at the store, but then i got portal with a CD and I wasnt able to play it until i got steam,and registered it.

Read the description on the box.

But steam is good, think about the CDs getting broken, you'll still have the games on steam.

But you don't need to take care of them with Steam! If they break, you can just download them!

I usually buy my Steam games in stores, for the fast installation (only need to download updates) and because I used to only have cash. Now that I can get pre-paid credit cards, though, I'm gonna get EP3 as soon as it goes pre-purchase!

Also no EP3 leaks or whatever in this forum plz, stuff like that really ruined EP2 for me :'(

steam is a double-edged sword, really. i love that you can download games over and over, and don't need to keep up with disc. don't need to track down older games in a store. most importantly, i like not having to put the disc in to play the game.

recently though, i've learned about it's dark side. i'm in the air force, and recently deployed. i took my laptop with me and installed steam and a couple games on it, but i usually didn't have a working internet connection. steam wouldn't let me play any games, not even single-player. hell, i couldn't even get the SDK to work, so i couldn't do any mapping while i was offline.

the other day i took my laptop into work since it looked like it'd be a slow day, and tried an offline trick i heard of. no such luck, still couldn't play.

If it's cake: Stop it cake.

If it's a bot: You guys need a new defense against bots, and not the one with the numbers in the picture.

Best defense: random security question related to games:

e.g.

The cake is a:

Truth

Lie

Food

Drink

When was hl1 first released?