killa76

Graphics problem

42 posts in this topic

Do you have Half Life 2 installed?, If yes load it and load a certain level, then quit and start portal again.

If you got portal warezly then it's your problem.

Also, moved to the mappack forum.

Some mods use games, usually HL2, and some mods use Source SDK Base. This one isn't exactly a mod, but a mappack used in Portal, but needs HL2.

TheNoiseExplosion said:

I two dont own hl2...
Too :wink2:

True...but why would you do that other than to have a mega trip. The OPs game was having a mega trip of its own methinks.

killa76 said:

Here is the problem I am seeing with screenshot attached below. How do I fix it?

graphicproblemyq3.th.jpg

Well I've got HL2 but it's still not working. Floors you can watch and shoot through are nothing in my version of Portal. And the energy beams where platforms fly over are just black and purple blocks :S (I do got de stand-alone version of Portal, maby that's the problem?)

THERE IS NO STANDALONE VERSION OF PORTAL. IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A STAND-ALONE VERSION, YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. REQUEST A REFUND FROM THE SELLER AND PURCHASE THROUGH STEAM!

Phew. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Your version is a PIRATED version, wether you know it or not. It is illegal, therefore I refuse to help you. Goodbye.

Some people might confuse the actual disk version of Portal with a standalone, but it should install/ install through Steam if it is official, if it doesn't you have a pirate copy.

Had to improve on your thing Nit :)

Check your CD box. Mine (of the Orange Box) says:

עליכם להפעיל מוצר זה באמצעות האינטרנט על ידי רישום לקבלת חשבון משתמש ב-Steam ואישור ה-SSA.

Which, translated by me (imperfectly), means:

You need to activate this product using the Internet by registration in order to recieve an account on Steam and accepting the SSA (Steam Subscribtion Agreement IIRC)

In short, there is no standalone verion of Portal. Goodbye.

By the way, translating every word by itself:

On you to work this product in using the Internet by registering to recieve math account in Steam and acceptence the SSA.

What can I say, they are different types of languages. And the math is just me being annoying :P

Good grief he didn't say anything about not running the game through Steam, so don't assume he has a pirate copy. Stand alone could just as easily mean the boxed copy (ie. separate from the orange box, and thus "stand alone") you can buy at Target/Amazon/Gamestop for $9.99.

Links as proof, note the box says "Also available in The Orange Box" and not -exclusively- in the Orange Box.

http://www.target.co...rtal-PC-Games/d ... tal&page=1

http://www.amazon.co...rtal-Pc/dp/B001 ... 946&sr=8-1

http://www.gamestop....Catalog/Product ... t_id=69408

So yes there are in fact stand alone copies of Portal, they activate and play on Steam just like all the others. Also bought 2 copies as gifts this month, they're hard to find in stock but they do exist.

The stand-alone version of portal does excist! Because I've got it on my pc. I did bought HL2 because it's cool and it takes some time to finish the game. Besides it was just