Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hen7

Voice actor needed

38 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I am looking for a talented voice actor who can voice an 30-40 years old person with a common accent and express emotions like fear, anger and more emotions using his voice.

The job itself is pretty easy, there is not a lot of texts, only single sentences once in a while.

If you think you fit don't hesitate to post here, send me a PM, or email me at henmazolski at gmail.

Voice demos are more then welcome.

Yeah! Now we know there's a 30-40 year-old-sounding character in NH2. Awesome. Uh, I know a guy who's done voice work for a few shows, but I can't think of anyone who can do 30-40-year-old voices except for a 30-40-year-old person. Hey, if you do find one then congratulations. I used to go insane from searching for good voice actors who fit that description who would work for free online. There are all sorts of sites that actually have hundreds of pages of voice actors who can do their work for you online and send it to you, but they all charge money and I'm assuming it's a lot since it's mainly for commercial use. Check this one out anyway: http://www.voices.com/

It's got a bunch of categories (including video game) and some samples. Good luck! Seeing you post I hope assures us all that you're making progress on NH2. All I can say is, "Woohoo!"

TheNoiseExplosion said:

I know a guy.

Gordon Freman!

I don't know who is Gordon Freman, but I know Gordon Freeman don't talk.
Tophillious, I'm waiting.

actually turn on the subtitles in ep2 during the big strider-buster battle thing near the end

at some point in the middle Gordon actually says something, its just in the middle of everything & its hard to hear, I was lucky to have subs on

It's him when you see at the start of the sub it says '[to self]'

Month bump. :/

So Hen did you get that sample from him yet? :P

Tophillious said:

I'm not thirty, but I have a deep voice. I'll throw a sample your way.
From this guy.

TheNoiseExplosion said:

NeatNit said:

Month bump. :/

It's not a bump, a I recall thisis sticky'd.:P

Come on! I was gonna say that too. :mad:

Posting in an old thread, stickied or not, makes people enter it. If the post was completely stupid and/or useless, it's a bump.

I'll post here just because there isn't anything better to do now and to hopefully get more people in to check this thread out and maybe get a voice actor. Anything to help the mod progress, I suppose.

sent my sample, though it was a not more raspy than my normal speaking voice.

also I tweak the noise reduction and hooked a better mic up.

i'm eager to get some more recording done. let me know when you're ready for more sound clips.

heading on christmas vacation tomorrow but i'll have my mic and laptop with me.

I'm sorry for making you wait so much, but right now, once again, the mod is on hold, I have problems with the coder again.

God I'm so close to go "F*ck It!".

If you still need a voice actor I could be of assistance. My voice is kind of deep, not really raspy but I can change it slightly if needed. And I can act fairly decent, but I'll let you judge that. I'll send a sample if you still need an actor.

Hen7 said:

I'm sorry for making you wait so much, but right now, once again, the mod is on hold, I have problems with the coder again.
God I'm so close to go "F*ck It!".

Wait FoXoF is causing problems?! Whatever you do don't drop this, you should (if you haven't already) get a ModDb page, you might be able to recruit some more help there.