Zammy

Problem installing the pack.

16 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT: This mappack requires both Portal and Half Life 2 to be owned and installed in order to work.

Just drop the content of the RAR file (the 4 folders) in ValveSteamsteamapps-youraccountname-portalportal and replace files if needed.

Then load the game, go to Bonus maps and Load the the Mappack from the list.

Ok so. I do have half-life 2. Installed.

It says drop the contest of the 4 folders (sound,models,materials,sounds)?

Is those the folders? I drop them in portalportal folder. Then I load the game and they do not show up in bonus maps. There is no (bonus map zip) file with this pack so I cannot import them.

Can you give me some clues why it would not be working?

Is it suppose to show up together with the original bonus maps?

Evgeni

Make sure all the folders went into the right place.

I am not 100% where is their right place as it just says to extract this thing into portal/portal. So I did, is there more throughout explanation where things must go? Sorry to bother but seems that something is not going in the right place and is fucking up the thing.

Well, for example go to username/portal/portal/maps, see what's in there. If the maps are not there (you'll probably notice the filename right away) then it means you did something wrong.

I can't get this map pack to install. I have searched my computer for my username plus portal/portal and cannot find the folder at all. Yet, I can play the standard portal games with no issues at all. Why are the files not showing up for me? Also, I do have view all files and folders turned on so they are not hidden from me.

Do you have Steam? At all?

(this is not a bump, he just wants help and didn't want to make a new thread)

lllGurulll said:

I can't get this map pack to install. I have searched my computer for my username plus portal/portal and cannot find the folder at all. Yet, I can play the standard portal games with no issues at all. Why are the files not showing up for me? Also, I do have view all files and folders turned on so they are not hidden from me.

Ok, if you use Steam:

Go to C:/

Find program files.

Look for Steam

Go to SteamApps

Look for your Steam ID

Go to Portal.

???

profit

LAAAWL!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THAT EPISODE!!!!!

Anyway, he could have installed Steam anywhere on his computer - we don't know where. Try:

Look for a shortcut to Steam. Right-click it and click on properties. See where the destination is - paste it here.

elitehakor said:

lllGurulll said:

Ok, if you use Steam:

Go to C:/

Find program files.

Look for Steam

Go to SteamApps

Look for your Steam ID

Go to Portal.

???

profit

Uhhh, yeah. I did all that already. It stops at SteamApps. None of those files are there after that one. Guess I didn't exactly spell that out in my first post.

I said I was able to play Portal through Steam so why are the files not there for my username?

Hmm... My only guess is that that's an old Steam installation that you never used, and you installed Steam a second time in some other place. Like I told you, check where the shortcut leads.