yifanlu

Portal: The Flash Version - Mod Edition

43 posts in this topic

Hello, I love this map pack, and played it for a while after beating Portal over 9000 times, so when Portal Prelude came out, I thought "Why not make Portal TFV into a mod?" So, I put all the files into a mod, added a animated background, and some icons, and its done!

http://rapidshare.co...les/163216551/p ... on-1.0.exe

Bugs:

-I don't know how to do unlocking chapters, but I think you need to edit the actual maps, so you start with all chapters unlocked.

You gonna get raped. Quite simply Hen has the right to sue you over this as his maps are being used in a full Valve product sometime soon. (I think)

I can't sue him and even if I could I wouldn't do it but you're right, the maps are belong to VALVE now and I can't and don't want to make any changes with them.

You needed to ask me.

I do own them, the only thing I did was to give them the source files.

I can still do what ever I want with it, but you know, I prefer not to.

Yeah, they almost stand as a chunk of history.

I think I'm always going to see WCS as just two friends, like, not as...a business, which is why the recognition you've got amazes me.

It's going to be download a lot given the...crazy fan base Portal kicked up. Do you know if there's going to be any WCS branding (logo, name, website, etc.) in the game, or if you're just going to be credited under your name?

Hen7 said:

I don't remember giving you any permission to do that.

I'm sorry, I just thought it would be cool. I didn't put my name anywhere though, I gave you credit for everything, but I will remove it if you want.

i think it is cool and it works fine for me

i don't want to start an argument here but i don't see the problem:

- the mappack can still be downloaded

- all yifanlu's mod does is wrap the mappack into a mod so you can have

- a desktop shortcut

- the mappack showing up in the my games section of the steam client

- the mappack separated from the normal portal

- no need to start the mappack through portal

- savegames from the flash version not mixed up with regular portal savegames

- not only a desktop shortcut but a pretty cool one too

overall i can't see one bad thing about what yifanlu did

*Bumps again*

Some of the users here need to fix their english AND use CaSe SeNsItIvE letters...

As in, more IQ.

BUMP:

yifanlu said:

Hello, I love this map pack, and played it for a while after beating Portal over 9000 times, so when Portal Prelude came out, I thought "Why not make Portal TFV into a mod?" So, I put all the files into a mod, added a animated background, and some icons, and its done!

http://rapidshare.co...les/163216551/p ... on-1.0.exe

Bugs:

-I don't know how to do unlocking chapters, but I think you need to edit the actual maps, so you start with all chapters unlocked.

I just realized that, and I lol'd.

ITS OVER 9000

*Hands out one IQ*

*Dies from lack of any knowledge whatsoever*

*phlebiac* said:

funny how people can waste time discussing about bumping or not but not having anything to add to the topic itself

Good to see you made it, and yeah get used to that hah.

@ ethan795: yeah, thanks for your help!

@ all: as 'portal the flash version' is still available and not only from the wecreatestuff website and as yifan lu is giving full credit to hen mazolski i don't see a problem in people running the mod version ...

so here is the download:

http://rapidshare.co...les/160096141/p ... on-1.0.exe

p.s.: if there's any problem whatsoever with this post please contact me by pm so we can discuss the problem

Ok so I tested it, and I must say, I approve.

I thought there will be bugs and other glitches that will lower the quality of the maps but yifanlu, you did a good job porting them to a mod.

You have a go from me if you want to spread it.

And I'm sorry for being arrogant.

I'm just hoping you're still here.

@ hen7: i contacted yifan lu after i found this topic (with the removed first link) and he sent me the download link

i installed it and the only problem i found was that the desktop shortcut didn't work ... so i let yifan lu know about this little problem and he fixed it and uploaded a new version which again i tested and it works!

i am not sure yifan lu is in this forum but i'll email him about your reply

and thank you for giving your ok !!!

Hen7 said:

Ok so I tested it, and I must say, I approve.
I thought there will be bugs and other glitches that will lower the quality of the maps but yifanlu, you did a good job porting them to a mod.
You have a go from me if you want to spread it.
And I'm sorry for being arrogant.
I'm just hoping you're still here.

Thanks, and that's ok, I'm not mad or anything. I'll post the link to the mod I guess. Also while I'm here, I'll just say that these maps are really awesome, and would give it a 10/10, love the challenges and the new creative puzzles (although you probability known that already).