fatalityx

Nightmare House 2

15 posts in this topic

Is it gonna be online?

I put the NightmareHouse on gmod so i could play with a friend (The AI didn't work) But it was fun :]

So yeah, Simple question if it's gonna be online or not :proud:

It's gonna be too messy, since there are a lot of code changes and you can't use new code in other mods.

But since you're like the tenth person who ask for this I'll ask my friend who do the code for the mod to maybe give some online features if it's even possible.

But don't count on that, it's only an idea.

Hen7 said:

It's gonna be too messy, since there are a lot of code changes and you can't use new code in other mods.
But since you're like the tenth person who ask for this I'll ask my friend who do the code for the mod to maybe give some online features if it's even possible.
But don't count on that, it's only an idea.

Oh yeah, because you're always online, asshole.

To the submitter:

Nightmare House 2 wouldn't work too well in multiplayer. It isn't a programming issue, more of a set of design issues. The game simply wasn't built to accommodate more than one player at a time. Levels will usually block or cut off previous pathways, which - in a multiplayer game -strands other players.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility, however. Sometime in the future, after NH2 has been released to the public, I'm sure Hen and I could released a revised, multiplayer-friendly version. Just don't expect anything at launch.

In the meantime, Synergy, as well as about ten or so other multiplayer coop mods, support Nightmare House 1 and 2.

Shades":1058yoe9]Oh yeah, because you're always online, asshole.

STOP MSGING ME ALWAYS WHEN I'M TAKING A SHOWER.
Dammit.