KnifeDead

An Idea for the Mod!

16 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

I was laying around and thought about something for your upcomming mod (NH2). i was thinking of an "Fear-Line" that goes up when you come near traps and so on. and when the fear-line is full, your screen gets all dissy and get an "heart pumping" and an "breath" sound! what do you think? (sorry for my bad english, im german)

hmmm, If they can be bothered to re-code this could be used alongside health, so if your character gets too many near misses you black out or something. Sounds cool though.

KnifeDead said:

Hi Guys!

I was laying around and thought about something for your upcomming mod (NH2). i was thinking of an "Fear-Line" that goes up when you come near traps and so on. and when the fear-line is full, your screen gets all dissy and get an "heart pumping" and an "breath" sound! what do you think? (sorry for my bad english, im german)

Gr8 idea, I'm even going to steal it and implement it in my mod, if I don't join a team. ;-p

My current map is coming along very nicely, I know I promised a sample last weekend but it still needs some polish. Though to save myself some UI coding I'll probably just use the flashlight bar to represent fear. My flashlight will have infinite energy anyways. ^^

The idea sounds more... EA-ish. Which means an idea that people who have no idea what makes games fun and fucking playable use.

No offence, KnifeDead.

And about OZ - before you repeat yourself saying that I spam just as much - at least when I spam it's WITH WORDS.

NeatNit said:

The idea sounds more... EA-ish.

You always seem to hate on EA.

Sure, they're all about money but so is any company, they have to make money to pay their huge base of staff.

I think they're a good company you know, but then again I associate them with their older games, titles like Desert Strike :eyes:

NeatNit said:

The idea sounds more... EA-ish. Which means an idea that people who have no idea what makes games fun and fucking playable use.

No offence, KnifeDead.

And about OZ - before you repeat yourself saying that I spam just as much - at least when I spam it's WITH WORDS.

It's not EAish. It's an idea I actually contemplated for an rpg, putting in mental health as well as physical. You could die spiritually and not just from being cut to pieces. If implemented well it could add a lot of suspense. Farenheit worked similarly and despite being as linear as a train ride that subsequently went on to derail in the last few chapters it was still a very good game.

ZenCraft said:

NeatNit said:

No offence, KnifeDead.

It's not EAish. It's an idea I actually contemplated for an rpg, putting in mental health as well as physical. You could die spiritually and not just from being cut to pieces. If implemented well it could add a lot of suspense. Farenheit worked similarly and despite being as linear as a train ride that subsequently went on to derail in the last few chapters it was still a very good game.
I've never heard of Farenheit... Is it a horror game?

What I meant is that it's not a good idea for a horror game.. At least not this one.

NeatNit said:

ZenCraft said:

NeatNit said:

No offence, KnifeDead.

I've never heard of Farenheit... Is it a horror game?

What I meant is that it's not a good idea for a horror game.. At least not this one.

Fahrenheit is Indigo Prophesy to the UKrs.

Fahrenheit is a great game!

Dont bother with the pc version. Go out, get yourself a copy for either PS2 or Xbox.

FoXoF said:

Dont bother with the pc version. Go out, get yourself a copy of either PS2 or Xbox.
Fix'd, and no.

NeatNit said:

FoXoF said:

Dont bother with the pc version. Go out, get yourself a copy of either PS2 or Xbox.
Fix'd, and no.

I don't think anyone is saying that it does everything well. The gameplay is pretty crappy, in my opinion it still works though. But what the game does exceedingly well is build suspense. Very few games build suspense, it's all action 99 percent of the time, and when there is a million enemies everywhere you don't have time to get scared. Horror films all have slow segment where the tension builds up before they show you the monster. In games like L4D the monster is there all the time every single second of the game, it won't scare you.