Macdad

Portal ScreenSaver

37 posts in this topic

this is kinda low quality but its acceptable.

Its a Portal ScreenSaver with The Portal gun holding up a rotating Companion Cube. with the Portal 4000 Degrees Kelvin song playing in background. Its was made using Easy 3D Creator by DZ Soft.

Note:The software is discountinued but there seems to be hardly any problems.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmxg9jj40mc

Macdad said:

Its a Portal ScreenSaver with The Portal gun holding up a rotating Companion Cube. with the Portal 4000 Degrees Kelvin song playing in background. Its was made using Easy 3D Creator by DZ Soft.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmxg9jj40mc]

Fix'd

Also doesn't work with Vista.

Macdad said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmxg9jj40mc
weird, the link should work. Do you possibly have BBCode turned off?

I shall try this, the only Screensaver I have that's slightly worth using is the 3D text thing that comes with Windows (XP) that I set to say "NeatNit" so... I need this.

Right, I tested it, here is how it looks like:

portalssfuckeduz8.png

By NeatNit at 2009-01-02

Now, that is in the upper left corner of the screen, the rest is simply black (like in a small part of the pic). I went into configuration, and saw there's a resolution selection - however, it does not change anything. The good thing is, the custom music and FPS counter work.

Now, I have no idea what you can do in that EZ 3D Creator you mentioned, but is there no option of importing a model? The Weighted Companion Cube, for instance? I shall try messing with settings, but I strongly recommend you try improving.

elitehakor said:

Macdad said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmxg9jj40mc]

Fix'd

Also doesn't work with Vista.

Nothing fun works with Vista :(

Vista was CANCELLED. And for a reason. When XP came out, it wasn't bad, people were using it and it was no trouble. When Vista came out, it was well known that it doesn't work well and glitchy and shit. It failed miserably, and was cancelled for a reason.

i guess i did turn off BBC Code..o well

anyways.

NeatNit there is an option of importing X files or converting 3DS into X files but i dont have the companion cube model, cuz i dont own Portal. and i will try to fix it up

but if you want me to add the Companion Cube model, id be happy to do so. if you could provide me with a link to get one.

and from what it says on the help menu, Sprites cant be adjusted for Screen Resolution so. i think that i will leave out the Portal Gun.

/me checks if the Portal demo includes the WCC skin.

Ok, download Portal: First Slice, run once, exit Steam, (get GCFScape), open /steamapps/portal_content.gcf, models, props, metal_box.mdl. However, you need to get the second skin, which I am not sure how to get yet. Meanwhile, work with the normal skin.

DOUBLE POST FOR A REASON.

Edit: Also, portal_contenct.gcf/models/weapons/v_portalgun.mdl for the portal gun, so you can keep it and have it work with resolutions.

Edit 2: My bad, that is the handheld version, w_portalgun.mdl is the correct version.

ok i got the portal gun model from GMOD website. but it ended up to be to much trouble to get the entire Portal first slice thing. and i have been searching and searching and cant find a MDL to 3DS converter.

and its to much trouble to go over for just a simple screensaver

Macdad said:

ok i got the portal gun model from GMOD website. but it ended up to be to much trouble to get the entire Portal first slice thing. and i have been searching and searching and cant find a MDL to 3DS converter.

and its to much trouble to go over for just a simple screensaver
Doesn't it allow .mdl files? ><

*looks around the web*

Edit: tried this?

(http://3d2f.com/prog.../7-889-quick3d- ... load.shtml)

OZPruduction said:

What's Meatspin?

I dare not post a link, but the last one I was forced into watching involved a cartoon badger swinging his "meat" in circles.