Ido

The official bullshit thread

1,515 posts in this topic

I was regediting to find out why I can't set my monitor resolution right, I know the problem but can't find a fix, hoping it would be in there as thats where the data is stored (plus it makes me look cool).

Nit, search garrysmod.org for icons or source redux, that's where I got them kickass ones from.

And don't driver installations just suck?

NeatNit said:

Nothing can convert anything to a fucking .gif.

Since when are the HL icons so awesome?? THIS ISN'T FAIR!!

Also, about the resolution, do you mean the icon size? or what?

I mean the general resolution (it should be 1440x900, but it's 1080x 1048 or some crap). I know the problem is my monitor EDID is incorrect, but the TechGuys won't believe me and are blaming my PC, also I can't find an easy fix (other than powerstrip).

So what you're saying is that it should be widescreen but it's a normal 4:3? Well that COULD be a problem with the PC, as in the card doesn't support widescreen... What card do you have?

NeatNit said:

So what you're saying is that it should be widescreen but it's a normal 4:3? Well that COULD be a problem with the PC, as in the card doesn't support widescreen... What card do you have?

No, that isn't the problem my card is an ATi Radeon HD4670, definitely supports widescreen. It's my monitors EDID, something wiped it and now windows is using some shitty default. The "Tech Guys" (see: Incoherent idiot) suck and haven't fixed it, blaming my PC instead (assholes). I've been looking for a fix that doesn't involve Powerstrip for ages :(

Not knowing what powerstrip is, I'm guessing you mean you can't set the resolution to widescreen in settings.

(right-click destop, properties, settings)

But still, most games give you the option without even checking what your computer thinks it can use!

But you know, I really have no clue what I'm talking about, so I should (but won't! :wink2:) stop helping you.

lol, yeah I wish it was that simple, but for now I'll have to put up with slightly stretched shit (also Powerstrip FORCES your monitor to whatever you set)

Isn't it "absolute"? *checks*

Edit: Yes, it is absolute, but apparently absolut is a name of a drink.

cooool. :P

The bullshit thread does have some guidelines. I thought it was obvious.

Happy cookie monster day.

Use the "ent_fire cookie eat" command.

Anyway, I've been playing Battlefield 2 lately, and I don't have the power to unlock all the weapons, anybody know how to unlock them without playing alot of hours? I googled it and I found something that I need to change numbers like: 1,1,1,1,1,1,1.....

It didn't work because it need to work only with older version of the game!!!! help if you can!!!

What version are you running? It should work with all of them if I'm not mistaken, I'll try it on my 1.4 version later.

I'm running the latest version and it's not working for me

EDIT:

Someone knows where Daraven is? I haven't seen him for alot of time.....

AND:

Ido/Hen, make this thread sticky or it will be disappeared!!!!!!!!

P.S:

:bdance: