Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OZPruduction

Someone know how to jailbreak the Ipod Touch G2?

14 posts in this topic

I need to find out for my friend how to jailbreak the Ipod Touch G2, so far I found only one way that people said it worked, but if you might know about anything that can help me, then post!

the link I found: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ix5gEKly6fQ <---- Looks good

Edit: another 'helpful' video I found on the topic:

(post what everyone wrote)

EDIT

Dude, even though your'e my friend, on this post I just MUST post:

In order OZ won't get sad, there. No more cussing.

Get the fuck off, man (._.')

EDIT: Oh shit. I'll stop.

I don't know too much about the 2G, I think Winpwn may support them I can't remember (I did my iPhone with it ages ago and saw a iPod touch option). If it doesn't then maybe the jailbreak devs haven't figured it out yet, they mainly work on the iPhone.

Not that I care, or will ever have a chance to help you, but can I ask what does it mean to jailbreak?

Unlock the locks Apple put onto the OS for the iPhone/ iPod touch. Lets you run homebrew and access system files basically. Also fixes some bugs in the software Apple can't be asked dot fix.

And it's really not illegal? If it's not, shouldn't it be easy to do, then?

Well in theory it should be easy, but because of the measures Apple put on their devices in terms of security it isn't. Ever used a Mac? You can only install what Apple approves of, same applies for iPhones/ iPod touches, so the programs like Winpwn make a complex process slightly easier. things like ZiPhone are harder and don't work right now anyway.

hexpunK said:

Unlock the locks Apple put onto the OS for the iPhone/ iPod touch. Lets you run homebrew and access system files basically. Also fixes some bugs in the software Apple can't be asked dot fix.

i thought jailbreak ment to activate a deactivated iPhone

elitehakor said:

hexpunK said:

i thought jailbreak ment to activate a deactivated iPhone

Yeah it can also do that, as well as let you use other providers instead of O2/ whatever your country uses.