TexasJr

IDEA! Portal: TFV for iPhone/iPod Touch

28 posts in this topic

I love portal on the internet but I would love even more to be able to take it around with me where I go on my ipod. Do you think you could make a version for the iPhone/iPod Touch?

TexasJr said:

I love portal on the internet but I would love even more to be able to take it around with me where I go on my ipod. Do you think you could make a version for the iPhone/iPod Touch?

And how exactly will you control the character / portalgun? =

Patacorow said:

TexasJr said:

And how exactly will you control the character / portalgun? =

ASHPD=touch screen

movement=motion?

i think if you move left and right with movement, then add a jump button on there, then you can just touch wherever you want a portal. or add left and right buttons, they would be on the bottom of the screen with the jump button

iPod and iPhone are either overpowered or overrated. Assuming it's overpowered, they could have a touch screen and gravity detection, but coulodn't make a few simple buttons??

If you were to do this I would recommend making it a Jailbreak app first, otherwise you would be paying apple a fee, and you may not even get download.But it would be entirely possible, they made Doom work on the iPhone FFS!

Yeah guys, like I have a game called cube on it, freaking 3-D fps. If they can make that you can surely make iPortal (lol). But yeah I would definently be willing to pay for that app, as long as its not overpriced.

TexasJr said:

Yeah guys, like I have a game called cube on it, freaking 3-D fps. If they can make that you can surely make iPortal (lol). But yeah I would definently be willing to pay for that app, as long as its not overpriced.

ya maybe a dollar or 2...3 at most

hexpunK said:

...But it would be entirely possible, they made Doom work on the iPhone FFS!
Barely! My uncle has an iPhone, he showed it to me... The game works, but controls suck ass. I couldn't even get past the first part. Not to mention that wherever you touch on the screen (except for the lower part which is the menu) it shoots, but it shoots in the middle, not where you touch. Also, it turns too fast, making it even harder to kill.

NeatNit said:

hexpunK said:

...But it would be entirely possible, they made Doom work on the iPhone FFS!
Barely! My uncle has an iPhone, he showed it to me... The game works, but controls suck ass. I couldn't even get past the first part. Not to mention that wherever you touch on the screen (except for the lower part which is the menu) it shoots, but it shoots in the middle, not where you touch. Also, it turns too fast, making it even harder to kill.

Positive that was doom (or quake, I forget the tow), because there was a shoddy app called Cube released on the app store, that had very bad controls.

Ethan795 said:

I've got Cube from ages ago...it was fun at the time but pretty shit tbh, very limited.

Very, very limited, the enemies caused monster lag on some FOV's

hexpunK said:

Ethan795 said:

I've got Cube from ages ago...it was fun at the time but pretty shit tbh, very limited.

Very, very limited, the enemies caused monster lag on some FOV's

Thats why there's updates.
But aside from that, my point is that if that can be done, so can a 2-D itouch version of Portal: TFV. I mean, all you really need is 3 directional buttons, a button to change what portal to spawn, and your finger to put in spawn a portal. yes the ipod touch and iphone lack any actual buttons, app developers have taken advantage of the touch screen and added touchable directional buttons on their games.

It's possible. Possible to be controlled with the iphone, and to run smoothly. But not likely to happen, unfortunately - not from us. I don't have a mac, iphone or even an ipod touch.

What I tried on the PSP was using Flash btw, that's not ideal. I guess if I had all the necessary tools and some experience with them, Portal TFV could run on the PSP (just, "Flash" must be off its title).

Regarding the iPhone ver again:

I don't see myself ever selling a product which isn't mine without an official permission [Portal]. Or stealing its idea, masking it, and then selling it [some players suggested that in a reply to my last sentence, yeah].

So I can't make up for the effort, a lot of time goes to learn the golden apple code and then actually develop the game, and in the end -- it might end up disapproved due to the app store's conditions [We do have some copyright issues here, afterall].

I'm sorry guys. Not anytime soon, anyways...

This whole conversation started with a no, and the rest was just the fake considering it, but it seemed obvious that this has 0 chance of happening.