Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stixsmaster

Nightmare House Remake Video...

32 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I recorded a demo of me playing Nightmare House Remake...

Then I sent the demo to a friend who has a 10x mayb 100x better PC than I...

He installed the mod along with HL2 and CSS(DUH!)...

Then he made sure quality was the best it could be ingame...

Willingly he recorded my demo with FRAPS for me at a res of 1280x1024 with a steady FPS of 25...

Now I am starting to download the 10gigs of all 3 avi files that FRAPS made...

once I get all the avi files I am going to edit them in Vegas...just to edit all him popping up the console and to extend the end credits with a lil more to give credit to him for helping me...and for me doing the part of playing the game...and editing...

Once I get all that done I will be uploading it all to my youtube clone player on MY website so that no quality is lost...except for that due to converting it from avi to an edited wmv then to flv...

All the sound is perfect and everything...and the video is me playing and beating the game in if I recall correctly about 11 minutes...but I took time...and recorded all the horror possible...so yea...

Why you may ask would I do this?

Well this mod just pwns....and well I figured that this is still the time of age that not many can play these type of games at their full potential so I decided I would record it all since it wasnt going to be that massive...

I did leave and get the end credits in the vid...so yea...dont worry Hen...you still get credit massive credit for the mod overall...

I will gladly post URL to vid when I get it uploaded...

EDIT: Here is the url to the video: http://www.stixsworl...m/myvids/index. ... eo=NHr.flv

Also I recommend sound to be turned loud...to get the most out of it...

---Stixsmaster

Haha well I didnt use a mic so you dont hear me at all...I just recorded ingame sound...

and well the only time that really makes me jump almost outta my seat really actually is when you are going up the ladder and the chick appears to be standing in the wall as you look up...

I almost always jump outta my skin when that happens...because you can climb the ladder as fast as possible she appears and disappears just long and fast enough that she gets in your face and out of it that you never have to really stop or slow down...

Also I think that this mod is 10x better than the damn F.E.A.R. series...the atmosphere is perfect...the sound is perfect...love how you made it like always noisy but not loud...so when certain scripts in the level are activated a loud noise comes on...that is just awsum...

---Stixsmaster

P.S. sorta not fond of the utilization of EP2...I mean yea I understand it is to use the ORANGE box engine...but...meh...that just means you need a much stronger system to play...and even at these times...it is true that not many can still play HL2 alone on highest quality...which is pretty much medium to low if you ask me on the ORANGE box engine...

But hey...this is my opinion...would be cool if there was a way for you to implement a NH2 for both the ORANGE box engine and just the HL2 and CSS engines like NHr...

FRAPS? Oh you... Well, that's just HELL.

10 GB for 11 minutes?! You do realise that that is INSANE, right?

FYI, Source has a built-in video capturing option that is pretty much meant to go with demos. It makes the demo run at however slow it needs, so that it can shoot at a steady xx FPS (you can set it, but it defaults to 30). You can capture directly to AVI with any codec you feel like (unlike FRPAS which not only uses FULL FRAMES but also has its own codec so any other computer without it installed can't run the video), or you can capture it into screenshots of each frame and then put them all together in a video editing software (I assume vegas can do it, but I never tried it), for best quality. One thing's for sure, that way it won't be 10GB!!!!!!

Yeah a much easier version to read of what Nit just said;

You can export the demo as a actual video file from source, without FRAPS or any other recording device. Also has very little system usage while it occurs, but you can't play while doing it from what I know.

TheNoiseExplosion said:

I have been practicing with source recorder, I have a whole lot of trouble setting the frame rate to make it look nice.

Tried host_framerate?

I think 30 is the max too, but nobody will notice much over that, so it doesn't matter (seeing as most films are shot at 24 FPS, you have an advantage).

just use a simple "startmovie" in the console and it gives a full explenation on how to use it, AS WELL as set the outcome framerate.

And stix, the reason it takes time is to have a solid framerate later, and the reason it looks slightly less awesome is for two reasons: you may have not picked a good codec or something, or it's just to KEEP IT LESS THAN 10 GBS BIG!!!!

As I'm currently working on a CS:S fragfilm I'd like to say that the best option is to record a demo and then let source create loads of screenshots from that. Then use virtualdub to make it into a nice compressed .avi.

200 megs max.

And host_framerate can easily go up to 120. Your pc's just suck lol.

FoXoF said:

As I'm currently working on a CS:S fragfilm I'd like to say that the best option is to record a demo and then let source create loads of screenshots from that. Then use virtualdub to make it into a nice compressed .avi.

200 megs max.

And host_framerate can easily go up to 120. Your pc's just suck lol.
VIRTUALDUB!!! I wanted to include that in one of my previous posts but just couldn't remember the name...

Anyway, yes, but for the lazy recording straight to AVI is an option. Also if you want to be able to brag in youtube: "Done ENTIRELY within INCLUDING this text and credits!" :P

The source recorder is much more versatile than FRAPS too, it allows you to record everything how it actually looks, which is why I want to learn how to use it right.

I give out lessons, if you want to attend!

Lemme fix that sentence:

IM me in Steam and I'll try to help you do anything you wanna try :P

I KNEW IT!! You're the guy who made the Tank Universal link, aren't you?

I knew I heard that name before!

Edit: I noticed you have a few Southpark songs in your site - can you please add The Cycle of Poo? :D

Ah the current link actually loads pretty decently...it just preloads for 30 seconds...before even starting....but if you let that be....then itll be good...and why does it take so long because the FLV file is like 68MB....because it is a High Quality FLV...

btw...for being 68MB that you have to temporarily DL via cache...it is actually pretty fast compared to some of my other videos in the player...

So yea...

O and yea I did the Tank Universal Vid...which for sum reason no one else could do....was weird...no one could figure out how to get FRAPS to work with that game....

& all the Southpark music on my site are from official cds released for the show...so if you know where I can get your song lemme know...

---Stixsmaster

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0