Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
um0123

help installing

13 posts in this topic

i extracted the files and its says copy them to portal/portal, i do that and it askes me toe replace come folders, i do, then it askes to replace like 90 items, i got nervous and stopped it, and made portal go back to default files by cntrl Z. am i supposed to replace all those files? will the other levels still be there?

Yes it's ok, but if you need to replace more then 90 files (there are about 100 in the zip itself) it means that you already have them, are you sure you never installed the mappack before?

I'm sure it's not supposed to replace ANY files.

Extract it to a folder in your desktop first, then tell us what the file/folder structure is (portal/maps,portal/materials) or whatever it is and we'll tell you how to safely install it.

its just like everyone elses, 4 folders (maps. materials, models, sound), portalmap(a jpeg image), and readme, i copy the 4 folders, it askes to replace them, then it has something with a document called arrow[sumthing]

you should just extract it from WinRAR (or whatever you're using) straight into portal/portal. That way it won't tell you about replacing stuff inside folders (which is STUPID, it doesn't let you choose individual files) and it shouldn't be as... problematic.

i extracted straight to portal/portal, like you said, it still askes to replace the folders. im supposed to go to portal/portal right? not into maps or anything, all folders just go right into portal/portal

No, there is no level 0... But there are a few maps out there that are close to that, for example I think there's one called playground.. :/

No, playground is a completely unrelated map that you can find in a lot of places.. But not here.

By the way, like I said I'm not 100% sure it's called playground.