zigibagidoo

Portal is not made by steam.

23 posts in this topic

I've heard that every year, all the game makers go to an IGN thing where the game made by them are rated. Apprantely, when Hen and Ido created Portal, it won the game award. So, steam thought it looked good and bought Portal off Hen and Ido and remade another one. That is why in the Portal trailer, the portals are purle and blue, not orange and blue and the levels are diffirent.

(I wonder if you can still get that version?)

It is true that TFV came before the real portal, but only by a few hours.

They made all of the changes, packaged it and distributed it within a few hours? Yeah right.

What is going on here?

Portal is not any sort of stolen property, it was made by VALVe.

Hen and Ido don't sneak around making and remaking games, or they would have a fortune and more interesting posters on their forums than me.

However, Valve and WCS ARE in cahoots to make a horrible world-ending device that folds the universe inside out.

I know where the confusion came from.

Here is a timeline, which I had to write in like 20 seconds:

• [*:10vgjize]Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.[*:10vgjize]Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.[*:10vgjize]Portal: The Flash Version is released.[*:10vgjize]A few hours later, Portal is released.[*:10vgjize]Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.[*:10vgjize]Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)[*:10vgjize]Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.[*:10vgjize]Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

NeatNit said:

1. Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.
2. Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.
3. Portal: The Flash Version is released.
4. A few hours later, Portal is released.
5. Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.
6. Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)
7. Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.
8. Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

This man speaks the truth.

Hen7 said:

NeatNit said:

2. Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.
6. Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)
7. Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.

...Neat...the truth? This is the end of the world as we know it...

My post was edited to make a PHPBB list instead of just numbers. Doesn't it look a whole lot better? :)

The development team of Portal are a bunch of graduates from from a college called DigiPen. While they were there they developed a game called Narbacular Drop, which pretty much was the protoype for Portal(although it looks nothing like it). Valve saw this game, and immediately hired those guys, which led to the creation of Portal itself.

Just downloaded it, gonna play it

Ethan795 said:

Hen7 said:

NeatNit said:

...Neat...the truth? This is the end of the world as we know it...

Definitely the end of the world, you can tell by all of the quote pyramids and useless posts. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Whoever made tfv is an idiot worst fucking game I've ever played bar none the glitches in EVERY LEVEL and not to mention the fact that  with things that can kill you in combination with this make it actually unplayable past level 30... Just garbage don't quit your day job.