zigibagidoo

Portal is not made by steam.

23 posts in this topic

I've heard that every year, all the game makers go to an IGN thing where the game made by them are rated. Apprantely, when Hen and Ido created Portal, it won the game award. So, steam thought it looked good and bought Portal off Hen and Ido and remade another one. That is why in the Portal trailer, the portals are purle and blue, not orange and blue and the levels are diffirent.

(I wonder if you can still get that version?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true that TFV came before the real portal, but only by a few hours.

They made all of the changes, packaged it and distributed it within a few hours? Yeah right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going on here?

Portal is not any sort of stolen property, it was made by VALVe.

Hen and Ido don't sneak around making and remaking games, or they would have a fortune and more interesting posters on their forums than me.

However, Valve and WCS ARE in cahoots to make a horrible world-ending device that folds the universe inside out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know where the confusion came from.

Here is a timeline, which I had to write in like 20 seconds:

  • [*:10vgjize]Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.[*:10vgjize]Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.[*:10vgjize]Portal: The Flash Version is released.[*:10vgjize]A few hours later, Portal is released.[*:10vgjize]Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.[*:10vgjize]Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)[*:10vgjize]Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.[*:10vgjize]Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NeatNit said:

I know where the confusion came from.

Here is a timeline, which I had to write in like 20 seconds:
1. Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.
2. Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.
3. Portal: The Flash Version is released.
4. A few hours later, Portal is released.
5. Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.
6. Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)
7. Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.
8. Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

This man speaks the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hen7 said:

NeatNit said:

I know where the confusion came from.

Here is a timeline, which I had to write in like 20 seconds:
1. Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.
2. Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.
3. Portal: The Flash Version is released.
4. A few hours later, Portal is released.
5. Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.
6. Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)
7. Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.
8. Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

This man speaks the truth.


...Neat...the truth? This is the end of the world as we know it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My post was edited to make a PHPBB list instead of just numbers. Doesn't it look a whole lot better? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The development team of Portal are a bunch of graduates from from a college called DigiPen. While they were there they developed a game called Narbacular Drop, which pretty much was the protoype for Portal(although it looks nothing like it). Valve saw this game, and immediately hired those guys, which led to the creation of Portal itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded it, gonna play it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ethan795 said:

Hen7 said:

NeatNit said:

I know where the confusion came from.

Here is a timeline, which I had to write in like 20 seconds:
1. Valve announced Portal, and made some trailers etc.
2. Ido and Hen liked the idea, and decided to make a flash version of that game.
3. Portal: The Flash Version is released.
4. A few hours later, Portal is released.
5. Hen remaked Portal: The Flash Version using Source SDK into Portal.
6. Valve bought the maps from Hen for a respectable amount of money (a few thousands IIRC, or at least hundreds)
7. Valve put these maps, slightly altered, in a new Xbox game called Portal: Still Alive.
8. Zigibagidoo misreads information and causes confusion all around him.

This man speaks the truth.


...Neat...the truth? This is the end of the world as we know it...


Definitely the end of the world, you can tell by all of the quote pyramids and useless posts. OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever made tfv is an idiot worst fucking game I've ever played bar none the glitches in EVERY LEVEL and not to mention the fact that  with things that can kill you in combination with this make it actually unplayable past level 30... Just garbage don't quit your day job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now