Ethan795

[Request] Jail Forum.

36 posts in this topic

The idea behind this is an alternative way of punishing people who break the rules on the forums.

To straight up ban people sometimes can be a little harsh but there's nothing else we can really do at the moment...

I suggest a Jail Forum. It's something I saw yearrrrrs ago on another forum, it's a simple but effective idea.

You have a forum (i.e. General discussion, Echos, Portal:TFV, etc etc.) called Jail. When a user breaks the rules slightly, you ban them from posting in all other forums except for the Jail Forum. Regular users are encouraged to visit and take cheap shots at the rule breakers, so it encourages community.

I'd suggest post counts don't increase in the forum either...

What do you think?

Instead of making the BS thread open for banned people (BS thread for example), you can make a new sticky topic that anyone banned will be able to post there, and can do stuff like explaining why they did what they did that made IdoHen ban them, and beg for their right to live, you know, like I did XD

TheNoiseExplosion said:

Let's unban Cake and throw him in there. Once we make it of course.

Possibly agreeing, not sure yet

This might happen in the forums update. If we choose to do it we must have the post count disabled in that forum, and PHPBB2 doesnt support that as far as I know, and I'm not gonna dig into its code now. Next system will have it built in.

NeatNit said:

I miss Cake :P
But I live on! And its CAAAAAKE!!! BTW. Sorry guys, you aren't nazis. You are the coolest guys on teh intarwebz! P.s. When is Echoes coming out? :wink:

Cubie said:

NeatNit said:

I miss Cake :P
But I live on! And its CAAAAAKE!!! BTW. Sorry guys, you aren't nazis. You are the coolest guys on teh intarwebz! P.s. When is Echoes coming out? :wink:

Do you not understand the point of banning?

Wouldn't you rather get banned in the new forums? Sounds exciting to me.