OZPruduction

The Sims 3 was leaked

42 posts in this topic

I don't really care, don't like Sims but would love to find Sim City or something like that cos all the ones I find either are too old and don't work or focus on the creating or destroying aspect and all the official ones don't work. :-( Oh and my intarwebz connection doesn't have a big enough limit for p2p.

Well....sucks for EA, I guess. But it pretty much doesn't change anything. Those who intended to pirate it when it comes out will pirate it now and those who never intended to pirate it will still not pirate it now.

Actually, those who didn't intend to pirate it could think "Oh what the hell, I'm going to pay $50 to play something weeks after people who pay nothing play it?!?! No way, screw this, I'm downloading it RIGHT NOW!"

IMHO EA got what they deserve. Fuck them.

Let's all think of possible ways of games being leaked :D

1. A dev/beta tester who doesn't care about his job leaked it

2. A dev's/beta tester's roommate or something like that leaked it

3. A dev/beta tester sent the game to a relative as a nice gesture, the relative leaked it

4. A hacker found his way to it and leaked it

5. A hacker found his way to it, downloaded it all for himself, but his roommate leaked it

Etc.

Well, yeah, but...

shut up.

Good argument Nit, good argument...EA are like the main piracy target or something aren't they, almost all their games get done :)

EA games are pirated not because it is easy, but because the legitimate price tag is not worth it.

If they want to defeat piracy, they need to take a leaf out of valve's book and offer free upgrades and low prices.

Lol, that's right, also, EA now have that lame thing named smart security, who gives you ONLY 3 TIMES TO INSTALL THE GAME FROM THE CD!!! Think of that, if I have a problem in the game or I need to format my comp, I can't install the game! What's up with that?! (Stagadush)

An anti piracy method would have been to keep there game a bit more secure, I imagine that the hacker didn't have that much trouble leaking it. It happens a lot lately.

OZPruduction said:

Lol, that's right, also, EA now have that lame thing named smart security, who gives you ONLY 3 TIMES TO INSTALL THE GAME FROM THE CD!!! Think of that, if I have a problem in the game or I need to format my comp, I can't install the game! What's up with that?! (Stagadush)
Exactly, EA's anti-piracy hurts its customers MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more than the piraters. By the way that's not new.

I think if you go through the long pathetic process of contacting them and requesting more installs they let you, though. But trust me, I tried, EA support sucks. I was lucky though, I tried the forums and found pretty much the only nice guy in EA. He fixed it. I was shocked that the problem was on their side :mad:

Oh wait, no I wasn't :Arr:

Oh yeah and,

"Spore: Most Pirated Game Ever Thanks to DRM"

Just a random google result.

I bought spore. I bought the creature creator, and then the original. I should've stopped at creature creator because that's all the fun pretty much.

NeatNit said:

Exactly, EA's anti-piracy hurts its customers MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more than the piraters. By the way that's not new.

Do you ever stop bitching about EA?

Suggestion:

crybaby.gif

Wikipedia said:

EA later commented the leak was a "buggy, pre-final" version[34]. EA claims that more than half of the game is missing and is susceptible to crashes or worse.
This is pathetic. They're obviously just saying that to get the morons to still buy the game. Of course, all they'll have to do is wait for a second crack.

Hen please ban him.

It's just like Spore, you know, a few hours before the game came out, someone robbed a truck that was full with copies of Spore, uploaded it to the web, and it was out before it was out :P