CakeSpace_BE

The Hallway (under development) *UPDATE*

38 posts in this topic

Hey its me agian :ayeaye: the new guy.. ^^

Well im here to share my newest little project i'm working on in my free time that i showed in my first topic. but i made a little sneak peak video now to give you a taste of the atmosphere :proud:

YouTube video :

note thats its still alpha and just made from scratch :wink2:

but you'll get the Idea ^^

Anyways, feel free to leave a comment, and ill keep working on it in my free time.

Ill keep this topic up to date for all related stuff to this project.

note : more info can be found in the video description about the cheezy storyline ::'

*UPDATE*

Just finished the basic for the spawn room :

The player wil wake up on the left table and stand up (like the portal opening)

Pic : wallwayhorrorintro01bet.th.jpg

I liked the idea too. This is just a concept, a sketch of some sort, how're you thinking of expanding this?

Ido said:

I liked the idea too. This is just a concept, a sketch of some sort, how're you thinking of expanding this?

Well not sure yet honestly, im still gaining a lot of ideas and experience most of the time.. But main idea for so far is to create a series of hallways separated by double doors, each more confusing an disturbing then the other.

the second idea is to add "flashbacks" taking the player to a different part
of the level to gain a part of his lost memory, for example ^^

but yet, im bit short on time with exams coming up and my gf,
and i'm not that very experienced yet ^^ im mainly focusing on the storyline at this point :)

Maybe I'll start making campaign maps again. My maps aren't that good. But I try.

QUESTION: Will this Hallway thing be a mod? Or a mappack?

at this point it's still a map pack, i don't have any scripting experience, when i have enough content im planning to make this a mod..

Hi everyone!

Portal+Horror=Good Idead

How is it's progress?

I hope is not dead

the development of the project had been halted because personal problems and the lack of materials.

I'm since recently back active in mapping and currently working on a small side-project that will be finished soon and planning to start working on this mod again :proud:

Hey just wanted to ask 2 quick questions. Number one, will we need any specific game to play this mappack and if so, what game? Number two, can you please tell me how to make mods and mappacks because I really want to make something on my own but I just don't know how to. Thanks

Number two, can you please tell me how to make mods and mappacks because I really want to make something on my own but I just don't know how to. Thanks
There are many guides you can find online.

From the looks of it, the project requires portal.

oops, my bad, it was 2 AM :P

I'll fix that.

Hey just wanted to ask 2 quick questions. Number one, will we need any specific game to play this mappack and if so, what game? Number two, can you please tell me how to make mods and mappacks because I really want to make something on my own but I just don't know how to. Thanks

it will most likely be a portal mod so you'll require it to play, rest of the models will properly be released with the mod :proud:

as for your second question, i would tell you myself if i could lol, i don't got allot of modding skills as i said before, this would be my first mod I'm working on, i only have some mapping skills and learned to work with triggers and stuff in hammer over time..

in fact the only thing i ever released would be this map : http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=55245, and it never was a real hit :huh?:

as NeatNit said before, it would be best to search for some tutorials on the net..

No one posts here for more than a month!

I know it takes lot of time to create a mod, but I was affraid it would die... because is a good idea...

How is it going?

Post some screenshots and even a trailer or teaser, if you're able to

PS: This is not bump, I think.

No one posts here for more than a month!

I know it takes lot of time to create a mod, but I was affraid it would die... because is a good idea...

How is it going?

Post some screenshots and even a trailer or teaser, if you're able to

PS: This is not bump, I think.

The process on the mod i going very....very slowly...

From the start from the summer i decided to trow the original script over, and I'm at this point working allot on the script for speed up development, since i am completely alone on this project i have to do everything step by step, but i do have some little media because of you guys support to keep this alive :wink:

wallwayhorrorintro01bet.jpg

http://www.filefront.com/16972017/The%20hallway%20Doctor%20Kavoykes%20log.odt

sry for the delay on the comments, i don't get many so i don't check allot here lol

That looks amazing, keep going and it will come out great. The second picture also had a much different atmosphere than the OP