IlikeNH

mapper looking for job :)

26 posts in this topic

i can map rather well for the source engine and want a mod to participate in, I don't want paying, I just want to help with a mod! I would love to work on this mod, it is one of my favorite mods. :)

Ok, the decision is nothing to do with me, but I can almost guarantee this question will be asked so I'll jump in.

Examples of previous work?

There are two guys around here making a map of their own (for GMod I think..?), I'm sure they can at least consider letting you in! :D

Ethan795 said:

Ok, the decision is nothing to do with me, but I can almost guarantee this question will be asked so I'll jump in.

Examples of previous work?

I'd have to agree with that. When getting into a decent mod you should always have examples of past work. For me that'd be my TF2 map timberfest: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/98700

And that would be judged in quality to see if Hen thought I was good enough to map for the mod. The problem here is I believe Hen does all the mapping himself.

Yeah that's right, all the mapping are done by me, but still, I won't mind seeing some of your previews work.

Okay, your a very good mapper by the way. I would like to get some tutorials or something from you. Even if you don't need my help, I still want people to play my maps, so you can get one of my maps here.

a few weeks ago, I made a map called haunted school. Its alot like nightmare house, but its pretty short right now. I hope you'll like it.

The map can be found here.

I made it a few weeks ago but only uploaded it today.

I will be resuming work on it after my vacation(14-17). Maybe you could add the map to the next release of nightmare house as a bonus map or something?

TheNoiseExplosion said:

Widen your hallways and fix your lighting, other than that, decent.

Needs some props too. Just to add clutter etc.

Its updated.

Changelog:

Widened entrance hallway, removed creeping zombie.

Fixed light position. Added end to map(its still short, but hey, its kind of fun :) )

Well if you realy wanne work on something i gues you can olways help me out with my map "the hallway" , i could REALY uze some samples or insperation for creepy flashbacks about lost memory's, but i have to say its not realy a mod im working on alot, mostly becos im looking for more idea's and i work bits and peaces in my free time..

Anyway if you are interested just let me know, u can take a look at my work here allthugh its alot outdated,

http://www.wecreates...topic.php?t=843

If you need ideas, you can get A LOT from the ideas thread. They're not JUST for Nightmare House, you know!

NeatNit said:

If you need ideas, you can get A LOT from the ideas thread. They're not JUST for Nightmare House, you know!

Well i did check out the topic a wile ago but didnt read them all, most didnt fit the concept compared what im working on, ill give it another look later :)

I've read every single one of them.

In fact I think I read every single post in these forums. I think.

Maybe I missed a little in the little while I was gone.

NeatNit said:

I've read every single one of them.

Maybe I missed a little in the little while I was gone.

man...thats alot of posts :uhhh:
well I think ill think of somthing ^^ recently i had this idea about a flashback with a cold creepy tree, maybe ill trow that in :punched:

I can't wait to see how you will communicate that the creepy tree is cold.

NeatNit said:

I can't wait to see how you will communicate that the creepy tree is cold.

you take a creepy tree, add some snow, some fogg, maybe rain,
dead environment, chilly wind, and Thada....A Cold creepy tree :ayeaye:

<p class='citation'>NeatNit said:</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>I've read every single one of them.

Maybe I missed a little in the little while I was gone.</div></div>

well I think ill think of somthing ^^ recently i had this idea about a flashback with a cold creepy tree, maybe ill trow that in :punched:

Ahoo hooo i do bealive some one has been watching the ring!

post-16566-125122473802.jpg

<p class='citation'>NeatNit said:</p><div class="blockquote"><div class='quote'>I've read every single one of them.

Maybe I missed a little in the little while I was gone.</div></div>

Ahoo hooo i do bealive some one has been watching the ring!

:punched: dont even remeber that part from the movie :huh?: well i didnt se it for a wile i gues