Ido

What are you listening to right now

251 posts in this topic

"Er this is a letter...from...God...to Man, hey there err...hows it going? Long time...no see.

I know I haven't been around latey, it didn't seem like you wanted me to be\
the last time I sent a message you nailed it to a cross\
I figured I'd leave you to it, let you be your own boss"

I'm all for people having their own taste in music, but how anyonecan listen to Avril Lavigne or any other pop act is beyond me. If you ask me, the problem with music is that it's monotonous, commercialized to the point where only the 'hot sound' of the time gets played (i.e. auto-tuned hip-hop at the moment...) and music strives with variety.

"'cause I be kickin' the real\while they be losin' the race tryin' to chase mass appeal"

You can't say what is good and not. How good something is, usually ends up being opinion. If someone likes techy pop then they like that, you can't change that by saying that they are wrong and punishing them. They are sharing what they like and if you don't like it then you don't have to watch it or listen to it. If all you like is what other people don't like, and the only reason you don't like music is because others like it, then show them what you listen to and they might end up enjoying it and you just might like what they post.

Rate up music you like and don't be hatin.