Ido

What are you listening to right now

251 posts in this topic

B.o.B's album is awesome man, I really dislike ^ that track, but hey I liked Weezer when I was 12 and quickly got over pop rock (it bastardized rock and completely lost my interest in the entire genre because of it).

I like Weezer because they usually have happy-toned songs, but also have music from many different genres. I personally don't like rap that much, but some of the stuff that you posted I liked.

B.o.B's album is awesome man, I really dislike ^ that track, but hey I liked Weezer when I was 12 and quickly got over pop rock (it bastardized rock and completely lost my interest in the entire genre because of it).

I like Weezer because they usually have happy-toned songs, but also have music from many different genres. I personally don't like rap that much, but some of the stuff that you posted I liked.

Lmao I had that song on a "Kerrang!" CD when I was like 10, never knew what it meant back then though...

To be honest I hate most rap music. I wouldn't touch anything that has charted in the last 10 years in terms of rap music, with a few exceptions obviously. I think the true culture of hip-hop music went underground as soon as records started selling - it's a genre that lyrically was driven by poverty and a "respect over money" mentality, yet now the average rapper on TV is a millionaire.

It's something that I feel strongly about, because my whole life I've been sterotyped into "Oh he likes rap music he must have the IQ of a potato and talk about guns, bitches and bling all day" and well that's far from the truth.

"I represent for the people,

Let down by a nation,

And left in the streets where it's evil,

Little kids surrounded by knives and heroin needles"

exec, you and I were born in the wrong generation my friend.

My taste in music comes from my older bro and with the exception a few artists no one is making music like they used to....

This song interests me, modern take on "the good old days" particularly these lines, which I think can be applied far wider than hip hop or indeed music itself...

Maybe anybody complaining is deranged

Can you expect something to grow and not change?

We’re socially accepted, deviated our old route

To simplify the term we all sold out

I think I figured out who’s to blame

Started out Obama, ended up McCain

So we Kurt Cobain’d ourself and we’re defeated

So next time they ask “who killed it” tell 'em "we did."

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSbOxFE5OA&feature=related

I'm starting to think I'm the only one here who's remotely passionate about music, or at least vocalises his opinions about it.

I don't really care about the genre I listen to, as long as it is good music. Mostly I listen to techno and musical soundtracks because all the pop albums and radio stations are full of shit these days. Examples of other songs I like: I'm with you - avril lavigne, behind closed doors - the rising, black betty - ram jam, drunken lullabyes - flogging mollly, space and time - 009 sound system, tainted love - soft cell, toy soldiers - eminem, mack the knife - frank sinatra, beat your heart out - distillers, devil went down to georgia - charlie daniels band, Etc.

To be honest I'm not really passionate about music, I don't listen to music too much. I prefer the peace and quiet so I can think and relax.

I was listening to this earlier, awesome song. Also kinetic typography amazes me and I have no idea why.

Keeping in the Cee-Lo theme, I heard this recently...for those who don't know before he was 1 half of Gnarls Barkley, he was part of a group called Goodie Mob. I love his gospel style.