Patacorow

Aw gawd.

22 posts in this topic

Even though I'm lurking you guys, look what youv'e done to these forums. You ruined the little community you (or we) were. You made it into this new forum which suits more a huge complex.

Sorry to say this, but you really did it this time, WCS team.

Even though it looks pretty, look at it carefully...

Hmmmmmmm what?

So they made the forums pretty and shiney, they made it for a huge complex, so what?

What happend? THIS is We Create Stuff, even though it's not the same small comunity forum that was before the upgrade, it's still the same old members.

"אל תסתכל בקנקן אלא במה שיש בתוכו" XD

I understand what you're saying, but there's a few things...

Firstly, these forums\this website is Ido\Hen's to use as they wish...it's completely up to them the direction they want to head in.

Secondly I don't know about you, but I'd like to see WCS get bigger. It's nice to have a small community feel sure, but the whole point of 'creating stuff' - be it music, a film, a game, a book, whatever - is to share it and well, the more the merrier.

Also don't judge a book by it's cover, eh? I mean, these forums look better but what has really changed? I've seen the same people posting, not a lot has changed so far.

I think the forums look far more professional...you can take that as a good thing or not.

First off, thanks for the feedback. I truly appreciate you coming back for a quick look and posting what's on your mind, since your perspective is different after not being around for so long.

Pata, I'd like you to take another look at what Ethan wrote, the part about the direction we're taking WCS. In the future, WCS isn't gonna be just about what me, Hen and our friends create, but what you guys create, and other what people create. This is in no way another NG/DA/AG/whatever, and you will understand what I mean as we make our way towards that goal, I can assure you.

These boards will serve this purpose, and they're also flexible enough to serve as a merger between the stages, which is by my phrasing where we're at now.

Obviously, I can tweak things whether it's design or features. If the masses (you guys) contradict our plans for the growth of this place with enough evidence that this isn't working - we'll do the work required to get it back a stage, and rethink our strategy.

But at the moment I don't see any reason for the drama.

I would however like it if you posted in more detail, Pata. All you said was basically 'You made it into this new forum which suits more a huge complex.' - which isn't really helping me understand what is it that you don't like in the new boards.

Trust me, this forum will stay small. When echoes comes around we will have a period of "Glitch OMG",and "lol good game" threads.

What if we set up a hidden forum for the active members that we have right now?

Meh, what's done is done. I just don't understand how this suits a more huge complex.

This forum is larger, has more features more control and will be able to accomodate a large amount of new members far more easily. And it should stop spambots.

Who knows? Maybe echoes will be so popular that we will average about 100-500 registered users online daily.