Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patacorow

Beta testers - Unite!

11 posts in this topic

So I'm making this game called BrickFighter (AKA Breakout advanced) which I'm wishing to sell for 1 - 3 dollars.

So I started working on it and Iv'e almost got the engine. This is the 1.1 version of it.

Please test and find bugs.

Change Log:

Version 1:

- Engine created, duh.

Version 1.1:

- Added rotation to the paddle according to it's position.

At 1.2, the player will be able to choose between manual rotation and automatic.

- Decreased some lag.

- Now once you got bullets you can shoot your ball to change it's direction.

- Added additional effects.

---------------------------

Beta features:

- Press R to restart.

Will add cheats.

Known bugs:

- If balls collide they spam sound.

- Same goes to when ball grows near a wall.

- Sometimes the ball dissapears, PRESS R TO FIX IT!

- If the red ball goes down and fire power-up was activated then it stays untill a new red one is

achieved.

Download:

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/91792

It's not flash. Its made on gamemaker.

Good work anyways but I dont think people will pay for it when there's similar games on flash websites for free.

Good work anyways but I dont think people will pay for it when there's similar games on flash websites for free.

My bad. I don't really know the difference.

My bad. I don't really know the difference.

thats one of the reasons I left :ayeaye:

They're giving you feedback. It's in another field of your game, but you should still consider what they're saying, they are your 'potential customers' in the end of the day. Taking things personal won't get the game anywhere.

Hmm I finally got it to work, took me a minute, I'm not familiar with this plugin. OK so I suppose you want the feedback here:

First off, visually it's not as bad as it looks from the pictures. The animated ball effects and brick effects are very nice, they add a lot. I'd just suggest reducing the amount of particles and their glow strength. Yet still, graphics-wise, you have some work to do: The bricks, background, and walls aren't looking too attractive. In a game like this I'd want the bricks to be satisfying to break.

One thing I really liked is the sounds - it's a cool idea having the tone go up every time you score several bricks at once. Speaking of which, where's the score? It's a standard in those games, add it! That's what making the game competitive :)

Other things, & Bugs:

- Every time the ball went down I had to press R as you said. You have to create an event, check and perform this for the player. I'm mentioning this because I think you said it happens 'sometimes' and it happens to me every time.

- When I do hit R, the game's jumpy for a frame or two.

- Does the angle of the player (breaker, whatever you'd call that bar) is taken into consideration when the ball hits it? It doesn't really feel like it, I think it should.

- More levels? Level editor? More bonuses? (:

Goodluck mate

important stuff

About the sprites, I know, they are horrible. It's only the engine.

The angle of the paddle DOES matter. Without it you have no control of the ball...

Anyway,the R thingy is just for a while. I'll make it automatic later, even though I'll keep it for some reasons (Reasons = There will be online multiplayer.).

I will decrease the particles and I will make more types of bricks, like yellow ones that turn into blue.

I enjoyed it Pata. What would make it freaking awesome is if you had a perk system or could make your own levels.

Actually I WILL Allow editing levels and saving them.

I need a perk system, and enemies that will try to destroy your pod. This is where the perks will come in handy. Health increase, lasers, and bombs that replace the ball that you can reuse. That's just to name a few.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0