TheNoiseExplosion

Is echoes almost done?

30 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about the year quarters, and I realized that Q3 is almost over.

Are we going to have another delay or is echoes almost ready for release?

Yes and yes - another delay is highly possible, and Echoes is close to release. More information will be posted soon, officially, on the blog.

saying something is "close to release" is very ambiguous, especially when most developers nowadays are affected by the 21st centuary's new phenomenon and the largest nation in the world, Procrastination.

We don't say because we don't know. Unlike film and game publishers we don't have a deadline at which we will know the film/game will be done by. We have targets of quality. Once the game is of high enough quality we will release it. Until then you just have to be patient.

though I do think procrastination has something to do with it -_- '

Thanks for the speculations. Echoes is under development. Not updating the blog constantly does not mean the development is on pause.

though I do think procrastination has something to do with it -_- '

Thanks for the speculations. Echoes is under development. Not updating the blog constantly does not mean the development is on pause.

D: wasn't doubting that.

Any further news on Echoes? I mean, nothing has been said on the blog for 3 and a half months now. I expect delays, as I do with everything these days, but is there a rough release date?

Love that NH2 has built a lot of hype, but my computer is a piece of shit and won't even run it so I'm waiting on Echoes :P

On a side note, does it count as a bump if it were at the top of the forum already? :ashy:

isn't Echoes a flash game, i mean that you don't have to download it?

yes it is a flash game that you don't have to download but i like to download the swfs and play them full window size and whenever i want

isn't Echoes a flash game, i mean that you don't have to download it?

yes it is a flash game that you don't have to download but i like to download the swfs and play them full window size and whenever i want

Don't forget posting it on other websites on your name! :P

Ooh sorry guys I didn't notice the messages :) Echoes is going well, you'll be surprised when it finally comes out. As in when it's released, at least. Previous release dates were wrong and were my miscalculations, pretty much, I take responsibility. Current release date is set but not to the public, not anymore.

As for updates - you're correct, the newest echoes post is quite old. It's tough making an update at this stage as things are in the verge of another milestone (development-wise), but I will promise this: Video footage(s) will come soon - one or two weeks. It won't be any fancy trailer at this point, just me playing and showing off the engine for now.

Bear with me mates

But... No spoilers? PROMISE?

If it has ANY spoiler in it, I refuse to watch.

No spoilers, don't worry. I want to show the engine and the atmosphere in motion finally - I'll put a demonstration level.

How about we do some Viral marketing for this.

If you've got a decent concept.

The thing with viral marketing is if you do it poorly, you just piss people off by being in their way. Also you tend to need access to a large number of people already (for example (no I'm not suggesting this...) if we were to do something via Facebook, similar to what was done to raise awareness for breast cancer recently, we'd only have about 5 of us doing it).

I've always thought what would be genius is to create a meme that was also an advert, as these things spread very very fast, of course it's really difficult to make something catch on and people are constantly trying.