VerdeFlash

Project Awesome

86 posts in this topic

LISTEN UP MEN.

We are going to CREATE STUFF.

Some sort of project. Some of you have been very warm to the idea of a source map or source mod. That works very well because it's all free and junk like that.

Brainstorming starts now. GO.

We'll discuss everything else later.

BRAINSTORMING GO GO GO IDEAS GO.

I was thinking to make a HL2 puzzle mod, that was also multiplayer-friendly. It would envolve physics, using your grav gun to move props arround and make a path for a little ball to roll and get into a little hole, stuff like that. I would also add multiple spawn points, so it would work with Synergy.

But I never got really much started in it, even tho I can make textures, maps, models and sound :O::

Edit: Erm.. I just noticed. I joined 10 october 2007 and I only have 2 posts :blink:

'we want to give space, advertise and market more indie projects. We want to collect projects that were made with love, and are looking for a home'

Ido said that once, so as long as it doesn't totally suck you should get support I`d imagine :)

Me and Ido had an idea once, how about a web comic made by everyone?, with a continuous plot (or not).

I believe we could also code it into WCS itself, and then make it update weekly or so on, but really it's up to you guys.

'we want to give space, advertise and market more indie projects. We want to collect projects that were made with love, and are looking for a home'

Ido said that once, so as long as it doesn't totally suck you should get support I`d imagine :)

Yes, our 'new agenda' is to open up to project by the community or by 'external' indie developers. I think this is the first time I say this in public, so let me just add in the same line we aren't sponsors. at all.

Also: Doesn't have to be games.

The idea Hen wrote is originally by you guys, in the forum 'You Create Stuff'. It was exec's thread, about his old web comics, if I'm not mistaken. Me and Hen developed it a little. Anyway it's great to see the readiness to contribute!

But some of us can't map.

Sorry TNE, I know how much you LOVE to map, but if you want us to map toghether, you will have to teach us.

As I said before, I would be happy to give mapping lessons. If I could get everyone into the WCS Steam chat room, then I could do a class.

Also, OZ, I'm sure most of the 1000+ members of this forum don't know how to map.

And we're not limited to just one thing! I just want SOMETHING to happen!

I'm gonna go to my thinking room (toilet)

Can we schedule some mapping lessons, listen to what I said. I WANT to teach you guys how to map, but we need to set up a meeting.

i would love to, any time tomorrow would work(thanksgiving vacation)

maybe it could be recorded so the peepz who couldn't be there could read it i'll keep checking here

@verdeflash: i think actually talking to someone would be easier

Alright, I'll try my best to get you people into the WCS Steam chat room. I'll break out the mic and do my best to teach you guys.

time? i can't do until after 7:00 eastern or anytime tomorow, i might get back b4 7 but i just want to make sure i'm here

That's why I'm offering lessons.

I could even get Hexpunk back here, he knew quite a lot about some of the really advance stuff. I can teach the basics and about detailing, and maybe even some more advance stuff.

If I'm home at any normal time this next week I wouldn't mind a lesson, but my hours are gonna be irregular coming up.

Also, Rorschach is not a superhero. He's just a hero.

Debatably a hero.

A vigilante to be definite.