Hen7

A thread about NH2's progress

1,067 posts in this topic

Oh, and also, here is some code humor for those of you who get it...

public Mahblack makeNewMahblack(Mahblack mah){

if (mah.banned){

counter++;

mah.signOut();

Mahblack newMah = new Mahblack();

newMah.setName("Mahblack" + counter);

return newMah;

}else{

return mah;

}

return mah;

}

I need to make a short off-topic post:

Eric Fong, are you on the Black Mesa Source forums too? If not, there is someone with the same name then.

That doesn't count as code, that's visual basic or some shit.

If you want to impress people code it in x86 assembly.

It's Java... And there is no need to code in assembly unless you are a huge masochist and want to swing your giant coding dick around.

Go and create a kernel in java then. There's a good reason why assembly exists. Speed, efficiency and portability. You can code in assembly for any platform I can think of.

Assembly is actually a pretty easy language. You just have to know your target platform and know exactly what you want to do, not make it up as you go along. Most people think assembly is really hard because the only time they see it is when they're trying to be cool by following a 1337 cracking video on youtube.

You can quite literally code anything in assembly, java is extremely limited in comparison.

I am still shitting out bricks out of excitement for the release waiting-ness. Glad to hear it's almost done, and I'm pretty sure everybody else is too.

Hopefully I'll be the first to have a video ready of me screaming like a little girl while going through the game. That'll get me some more views! ;)

I am still shitting out bricks out of excitement for the release waiting-ness. Glad to hear it's almost done, and I'm pretty sure everybody else is too.

Hopefully I'll be the first to have a video ready of me screaming like a little girl while going through the game. That'll get me some more views! wink.gif

It isn't almost done, It IS DONE! Just the team is beta testing. I read the NH2 status.

Never Lose Hope Hospital... Stands for NH.... NH = Never Lose Hope.... NH = NiGhtMarE HOusE... Green_Colorz_PDT_23.gif

It isn't almost done, It IS DONE! Just the team is beta testing. I read the NH2 status.

Never Lose Hope Hospital... Stands for NH.... NH = Never Lose Hope.... NH = NiGhtMarE HOusE... Green_Colorz_PDT_23.gif

Unless they find some major bug doing the beta testing then it not done :P

So I say its almost done.

Very good job for the whole team :P hope its bug free and hope to play it really soon

Unless they find some major bug doing the beta testing then it not done tongue.gif

So I say its almost done.

Very good job for the whole team tongue.gif hope its bug free and hope to play it really soon

The team is probably trying to make it like other games (that are official, AND I DON'T MEAN COPYING!), Like, when... lets just say F.E.A.R. 2... that was bug-free and it didn't need a single update! I hope its bug-free too, like what you said. smile.gif

I also hope its longer then the original Nightmare House. (And the Remake) I sence.... NH2, will be very cool! NH2 looks very scary. I may get sooo scared that I may need to spawn kleiners all around! (Thats what I did with a mod called Total Fear. For HL2)

But if the levels are anti-cheat (Like, if you turn on cheats, you die), then I will DIE playing it, Look around... Always see something scary... unsure.gif .

Oh and will the mod have any interesting main themes? Like thi-... oh am I allowed to post links?

What do you mean? and yeah post the link.

Also, found a few UNmajor bugs today while testing everything, so once the rest of the team is waking up I hope they'll fix everything asap.

I'm going back to sleep, I feel sick.

Oh and will the mod have any interesting main themes? Like thi-... oh am I allowed to post links?

What do you mean? and yeah post the link.

Also, found a few UNmajor bugs today while testing everything, so once the rest of the team is waking up I hope they'll fix everything asap.

I'm going back to sleep, I feel sick.

I meant like this:

also good luck to all on the team I'm sure it's gonna turn out great :)

Should I bump the facepunch thread when it gets released or now saying it should be out in a week or 2?

Should I bump the facepunch thread when it gets released or now saying it should be out in a week or 2?

When it's released, I don't need any more rage and hate.

@gordonfreemannr2, you mean like a theme song? the trailer music on youtube is some sort of a theme song, but it's without words. at some point we actually wanted to write a song with lyrics, but meh.

And if i remember correctly the new website will be released with NH2, right?

Might be before, that's up to Ido.

When the mod is released, will you put up a YouTube video, update the blog, the moddb page, the homepage or what?

About a YouTube video, I actually thought about it, though I don't think it is worth it. I mean, the official trailer only got 40000 views in a year... Was expecting more :(

My videos get 30 views in a month, you should be happy. I would like if you guys uploaded a video, doesn't matter how bad it is just to tell the mod is released, because when your channel uploads a video, I get an e-mail, then my notifier makes a little noise, then I know the mod is released without having to check every page :P

Use a RSS reader. Personally I just use google reader. I add rss feeds to various blogs and web comics. I just have to go to reader.google.com and I get presented with any new stuff on any of the feeds I am subscribed to.