Hen7

A thread about NH2's progress

1,067 posts in this topic

Remind me exactly what the idea was?

I don't exactly remember all the ideas, but if you want you can get back to the thread and read those, I remember we had some good ideas down there.

I doubt you guys would mind if i used the description in the website for my OP. Hopefully not.

EDIT: Thread is jacked up and good to go.

EDIT 2: Is it a good idea to keep this line?

Also, if you need help such as technical support, guides, or any bugs that the team forgot, you can visit the official forums here (link goes here). Be warned, though. Some of the members aren't very... well, intelligent.

You know what? Here's the thread:

[highlight]IT'S OUT! GO GET IT HERE http://nh2.wecreatestuff.com/ [/highlight]

Nightmare House is a single-player horror mod for HL2, made by Hen Mazolski, creator of Portal: The Flash Version Mappack, a very popular Portal add-on.

The first Nightmare House had you start in front of a creepy-looking house. You have to battle your way through zombies, puzzles, and other spine-tingling things to get out of the house. Two years later, Hen released Nightmare House: Remake. This time, you crashed your truck into a tree, and instead of going out into the road, you decide to check out the house nearby for help. However, you become trapped inside the new house, and you have to battle your way out again. NH:R also included a hint at a third Nightmare House, and Hen has been working furiously up to this point on it. Taken from the website: "The story resumes with the player lost and confused in a hospital known as "Never Lose Hope". With no understanding of how you came to be there, there's only a vague memory of the mysterious, haunting girl from Nightmare House. Soon it will be difficult to determine between a dream and reality. How long will it take you to realize that escape is not an option? "

NH2 requires EP2, so you need it to play. Also, Hen is including a remade NH:R in NH2 that doesn't require Half Life 2 (only requires EP2) or CS:S. If you missed out on NH:R because you didn't buy CS:S, now's your chance to play.

List of people who worked on the mod:

Hen Mazolski - Mod leader, Mod designer, Ideas, Mapper, Writer

Harry ".eXeC!" Jeffery - Coder

Christopher "Guessmyname" Jones - Modeling, Texture artist

Pedro "TigerboyPT" Calvo - Faceposer animator, Texture artist, Video editing

David Kingery - Voice-actor, Writer

Danielle McRae - Voice-actress

Yoav "Koolfox" Landau - Music, Sound editing

Aidin Ashoori - Music

Ido Tal - Design consultant, Web publishing

The community - More stuff

Well what the hell are you waiting for? Go download it now!

Also, if you need help such as technical support, guides, or any bugs that the team forgot, you can visit the official forums here. Be warned, though. Some of the members aren't very... well, intelligent.

What did you expect, headcrab zombies? A mod as professional as this is not going to touch those tongue.gif

Nope. ^_^

Lol in the NH2 Status Forums, what .eXeC said: "Theres one last bug that refuses to be fixed" ( I don't remember exactly what he said. :( "

I think headcrab zombies are OLD! Don't want to use those! :) (Unless you replace the headcrab with maybe a thing that zombies hold on them. :) )

Man, Its sooo weird! The NH2 Status forum sounds soooo much like NH2 will be released tomorrow or today! (Or Yesterday. ^_^ )

Also, how do you mount 2 or more games on your mod? Like NH:R, that required HL2 and CS:S. The SteamAppid thing in gameinfo only fits 1 game. :(

What did you expect, headcrab zombies? A mod as professional as this is not going to touch those tongue.gif

Nope. ^_^

Lol in the NH2 Status Forums, what .eXeC said: "Theres one last bug that refuses to be fixed" ( I don't remember exactly what he said. :( "

I think headcrab zombies are OLD! Don't want to use those! :) (Unless you replace the headcrab with maybe a thing that zombies hold on them. :) )

Man, Its sooo weird! The NH2 Status forum sounds soooo much like NH2 will be released tomorrow or today! (Or Yesterday. ^_^ )

Also, how do you mount 2 or more games on your mod? Like NH:R, that required HL2 and CS:S. The SteamAppid thing in gameinfo only fits 1 game. :(

It's like adding extra levels, and Hen mentioned that the Remake won't need CS:S in the NH2 version, but all of it will need Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

And yes, after so much time waiting, it does feel weird to finally filling the game coming to release, but it's great.

Yo guys I'm gonna play NH2 from start to finish, let us all pray I don't find a single bug, brb.

Ok I'm holding my fingers with duct tape, good luck.

Edit:

And just letting you guys know, after the release I'm going to make a Gameplay series. So yeah... Guess I'll use Fraps.

Guess I'll use Fraps.
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=310963

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Source+recorder

DO NOT USE FRAPS.

I'm opposed to the idea in general, but it was going to happen sooner or later, so when it does for god sakes don't use fraps.

Or more precisely, when's next?

I am very excited, and I'm sure you are too.

Or more precisely, when's next?

I am very excited, and I'm sure you are too.

Right you are. I think tomorrow morning I'll discover something good after I wake up.

At least I hope I will :P

The release is soon...be ready. Also can I add the NH2 site is delicious, who does your websites? I know Axel did the Echoes site (I think?) and that's awesome but I can't see his name on the NH2 site.

The release is soon...be ready. Also can I add the NH2 site is delicious, who does your websites? I know Axel did the Echoes site (I think?) and that's awesome but I can't see his name on the NH2 site.

Yeah Axel did Echoes, but he didn't get involved with NH2. The original sketches were drawn by me. The first design, which serves as the base to what we see now, was done by my friend Gil. Pedro from the Nightmare House 2 team took this and spiced it up, made it darker and added textures from the game. HTML done by Daniel (smartwd). I added the content, changed further minor things and launched it.

Indeed, just came back, everything is clean.

So... What's next?

Other team members are testing it, I'm off to sleep soon, tomorrow I'll get the feedback, fix what ever needs to, and upload.

Oh and I also need to make a read-me and an installer, mehhhh

Yeah Axel did Echoes, but he didn't get involved with NH2. The original sketches were drawn by me. The first design, which serves as the base to what we see now, was done by my friend Gil. Pedro from the Nightmare House 2 team took this and spiced it up, made it darker and added textures from the game. HTML done by Daniel (smartwd). I added the content, changed further minor things and launched it.

I'm sure the SmartWD site has been "coming soon" forever. Whoever made the site look spooky, and NH2ish, it worked.

Indeed, just came back, everything is clean.

So... What's next?

Other team members are testing it, I'm off to sleep soon, tomorrow I'll get the feedback, fix what ever needs to, and upload.

Oh and I also need to make a read-me and an installer, mehhhh

I will pray oncemore hoping there will be no bugs. ^_^ It sounds like NH2 Might release tomorrow or in two days. I hope it does. :)

I just made this account after watching the production of NH2 for 2 years now, thinking it died awhile back but still checking the site every single damn day. And after all this work you guys have put into this Mod (That should be considered much more than that) I just want to say thank you, and you have my deepest gratitude towards the amazing work that you have created.

And also, I love you guys. Keep up the great work for any future projects you have, and thanks again for so much dedication despite people constantly complaining about a release date.