VerdeFlash

The Official BS Thread #3

1,609 posts in this topic

And TNE, why do you all suddenly sound like a jerk? no offence...

It's because I'm sick of people on the internet that use bad grammar and don't write properly.

And I've been browsing Facepunch a lot.

Most people on these forums speak another language first and English second - I'd like to see how your grammar would look if it were Hebrew only around here. I really don't care about perfect English as long as it's decipherable it's not a problem.

Oh, and if you're being a dick about things Internet should be capitalized so perhaps a step off your high horse is needed, eh?

lok i am talking bad engrish get butthurt

Well um, other than that... anyone here understands, even if only a little bit, about car audio?

I can understand if they do not speak English as their primary language that their grammar and spelling will not be accurate. What I do not accept is using "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are" and "plz" instead of "please".

If you are going to learn english at least learn english words, not internet slangs invented by 3 year olds.

Also, if you cannot be bothered to type three more letters to ask for help then why the hell should I bother to help you? It's not hard to just drop the 'z' and add 'ease'.

And I would argue that 'internet' should not be capitalised because it is a regular, possibly abstract noun. It is not someone's name and it was not used at the start of a sentence. I see no reason for it to be capitalised.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1935115

What do you feel about the spellings of words such as color and colour?

English is from England. We spell it 'Colour'. Americans are just pretending they have a language of their own. Either that or they're crap at spelling. It's like when they first published Lord of the Rings. The idiots 'corrected' the spelling of 'Elves' to 'Elfs'. Tolkein was not impressed.

also, OZ, can I be in ur list? I would like to be in there smile.gif you can call me the NOOBor whatever you want, but somehow related to me smile.gif

Is this what you hate? the red thing? im sorry, i typed like that because (see? i didn't use 'cuz!) lot of people typed like that and i though it was cool so it's bad internet typing american population's fault

---EDIT---

I can understand if they do not speak English as their primary language that their grammar and spelling will not be accurate. What I do not accept is using "u" instead of "you", "r" instead of "are" and "plz" instead of "please".

that's what im talking about Green_Colorz_PDT_41.gif

Edited by ruanito

And TNE, why do you all suddenly sound like a jerk? no offence...

It's because I'm sick of people on the internet that use bad grammar and don't write properly.

And I've been browsing Facepunch a lot.

Most people on these forums speak another language first and English second - I'd like to see how your grammar would look if it were Hebrew only around here. I really don't care about perfect English as long as it's decipherable it's not a problem.

Oh, and if you're being a dick about things Internet should be capitalized so perhaps a step off your high horse is needed, eh?

My god, I swear your out to get me. I'm not on any kind of a high horse, okay? It's just... Well, exec explained it pretty well. I'm stressed out because of finals, and ruantio made a thread about a C:SS map he was making and then he claimed to be a newbie. Facepunch taught me to tell people like that to not post your first work because no one will be impressed with it. Spend some time first and get better.

And Oz, the newbie thing applies to you to, why post something that you have barely any experience in.

This is the internet, my job isn't to go around and hold everyone's hand. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

My god, I swear your out to get me. I'm not on any kind of a high horse, okay? It's just... Well, exec explained it pretty well. I'm stressed out because of finals, and ruantio made a thread about a C:SS map he was making and then he claimed to be a newbie. Facepunch taught me to tell people like that to not post your first work because no one will be impressed with it. Spend some time first and get better.

And Oz, the newbie thing applies to you to, why post something that you have barely any experience in.

This is the internet, my job isn't to go around and hold everyone's hand. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

I only meant this as sort of a joke, not trying to annoy you

Facepunch kind of has different rules. To begin with, at least 75% of the population there are dumbasses. Also, not posting your first X makes sense there, because one of the main goals of facepunch is to share maps, models, etc for gmod and spamming it with bad ones won't do any good.

While I agree, in most cases it'd be best to practice something before you upload it to anywhere, it doesn't apply to everything and sometimes a first attempt can have a very good or interesting result. OZ showed what he made with his friend and honestly I don't see any problem with it. Sure, he has a lot to learn but it still wasn't that bad, also some people could use some encouragement to continue practicing, and honestly I think OZ deserves some.

For mapping, yeah I agree, posting a first map will not accomplish anything good, but it's better to explain that calmly than to start flaming the mapper.

Now, for grammar. That's kind of a tough issue. The best way to learn English (or any other language) is to practice it, and for most places in the world the internet is the best if not the only place to do so. So yes, in the beginning it will be hard to communicate with the person. Yes, it will take a while for him to perfect it. But it's best to just.. let him.

I pretty much agree with .eXeC here - I will tolerate bad English, in most cases, as long as the other person is not doing it out of laziness.

I am from america but always spell it colour and it really pisses off my teachers.

Keep on spelling it that way :)

Tell your teachers you want to write in ENGLISH, not the lazy American version. As Oscar Wilde once wrote, 'England and America are two great countries seperated by a common language.'

Are there going to be any more moderators? If so I nominate exec

If I was moderator I think half of you would be permanently banned by now. Probably not in the best interests of the community.

I don't see why you guys would really want to be mods. I personally would not want a job like that. And Ethan can handle anything we can throw at him so far. Not that I'm going to try and be really obstructive or innapropriate.

P.S. DICKS