VerdeFlash

The Official BS Thread #3

1,609 posts in this topic

your hatred of social networking never fails to amuse me.
I know it looks like that, but my logic is:

more facebooky = more of a spoiled brat. That's just how things go.

I'm rolling with Cydia now and besides being a little confusing, I'm just generally finding the apps rubbish. They lack the polish of the real app store so I'll stick with that.
Cydia is not meant to replace the app store. It's meant to be a place where you can get a lot of stuff that weren't aprooved by Apple for the App Store, as well as other stuff like changing settings in the OS itself and shit like that. According to my friends, it's pretty useless and empty if you don't add some addresses to it... I can't really tell you much about it though, I've only used it once, and right now am not jailbreaking at all.

However, if your goal is to pirate and get free games, I'm very much against that but will tell you anyway - you need Installous. You get it through Cydia, but it's not that simple. Google it to find out.

Got gta china town wars and I'm impressed by he quality of gameplay, this is actually a viable console. Got angry birds lite, played it before on a friends iPhone and really liked it. Still findingthe keyboard a bit weird to use so ignore an spelling mistakes and such ;)
You'll get used to it.
also the fac that punctuation Kanin an alt keyboard is annoying as hell they really need to at least include a fullstop...
okay, no idea what you said there. Try disabling auto-correction. I only use auto-capitalization and the double-space-turns-into-period-space setting, none of the other options (don't remember how many there were).
Oh and the forums are horribly bland on the lite mode, I know it's minimalistic but everything is just grey.
Ugh, yes. I hate them. I do my best to avoid using them, because they don't even have some of the most important features - like showing where there are unread posts. AND THERE'S NO OPTION TO TURN IT OFF!!!!

Also, you didn't answer my question - what generation is it?

also the fac that punctuation Kanin an alt keyboard is annoying as hell they really need to at least include a fullstop...

okay, no idea what you said there. Try disabling auto-correction. I only use auto-capitalization and the double-space-turns-into-period-space setting, none of the other options (don't remember how many there were).

Oh and the forums are horribly bland on the lite mode, I know it's minimalistic but everything is just grey.
Ugh, yes. I hate them. I do my best to avoid using them, because they don't even have some of the most important features - like showing where there are unread posts. AND THERE'S NO OPTION TO TURN IT OFF!!!!

Also, you didn't answer my question - what generation is it?

"Also the fact that punctuation is on alt kerboard is annoying as hell, they really need to atleast include a full stop" - seriously, who types using JUST letters?

I spent ages trying to change the forums from the lite version but it's impossible...it doesn't matter so much because I only ever go to them via emails (on that note wtf why don't I get notified when I have new email? They don't stfu about people talking to me on facebook, I can't find the option anywhere...) so I know exactly where the new posts are anyway.

It has volume buttons on the side which I read makes it not a 1st gen, I think it's a 2nd gen but I'm not 100%, is there a definitive way of checking?

Oh and is there anyway to stop iTunes opening every single time I plug this fucker in...it's really annoying because it's the only way I have of charging it and it's just not needed...I tried setting it to "sync music and photos manually" but it still opens iTunes, detects my iPod and syncs any new apps I've got...

iTunes has an 'Open iTunes when I plug in this iPod' option, doesn't it?

Go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard and change that to your liking... Especially look at the "." Shortcut. And don't use auto-correction - it's no good at all.

As for the generation...

I assume it has no camera - that means it's not a 4th gen.

If it has a built-in speaker, it's not a 1st gen either.

You said it's 8 GB - there was no 8 GB 3rd gen. (it was identical to the 2nd gen)

That makes it a second generation. Congrats :P

Oh, also, if it has no case/shield/whateveryouwannacall it, or it has one that's easy to remove, you can see the model number and google it to find out exactly what it is.

Did you look at some of the games I mentioned? Most of them cost money and some have no Lite version, but they're definitely worth a look!

Gameloft are doing a digital advent calendar - the game Driver is free today (for iOS, if you didn't infer as much) :) I've had my head in that most morning it's quite good.

It had some crappy case around it but it was very girly so I'll be leaving it off. I want one, though, they seem useful.

I've been using the "slide to cancel" option that comes up on the iPod to stop syncing until now, I'm looking into this option on iTunes after this.

I've been flicking through Youtube looking at videos of apps, there's some good looking FPS game and a couple of cool apps for music production and things like that, no idea how much space they're going to take up (I imagine quite a lot) and I also imagine they're quite expensive.

There's an abundance of low quality apps, you really gotta filter through them to get the good ones...what also sucks is how large a portion of the free apps are low quality (although what do you expect?).

I'll look into the games you suggested next time I'm on the app store, someone I know suggested "Envirobear" but after Googling it, I think they were taking the piss...

So about the news thing I posted in my status a few days ago: First of all I didn't realize it would get so much attention from ya guys.

Here's the good news, a new project which I'm proud of. Credit goes to Nikita here, check his post and realize what badass of a programmer we have here. Real neat stuff, you should see the game in motion. Who knows where can this concept go when done so properly.

The bad news were me getting recruited to the military, halting Echoes Act 2's development (which is speeding up lately). Worry not, my recruitment has been delayed -again- (which is actually fresh news from today). So there isn't a halt, but there's a delay, due to other personal stuff I still need to handle. Act 2 won't be ready for Christmas. More details in one nice blog post this weekend, including new info like what new gameplay elements we're introducing in Act 2.

So about the news thing I posted in my status a few days ago: First of all I didn't realize it would get so much attention from ya guys.

Here's the good news, a new project which I'm proud of. Credit goes to Nikita here, check his post and realize what badass of a programmer we have here. Real neat stuff, you should see the game in motion. Who knows where can this concept go when done so properly.

The bad news were me getting recruited to the military, halting Echoes Act 2's development (which is speeding up lately). Worry not, my recruitment has been delayed -again- (which is actually fresh news from today). So there isn't a halt, but there's a delay, due to other personal stuff I still need to handle. Act 2 won't be ready for Christmas. More details in one nice blog post this weekend, including new info like what new gameplay elements we're introducing in Act 2.

Ido, everythig you say gets attention around here :P is that the puzzle game you mentioned, I assume? Looks great ha a puzzle like that in a Xmas cracker and it was a mind fuck for the next week. Good luck with the military, put all that gaming to good use (I kid I kid).

Any blog post gets lot of attention.

me getting recruited to the military

a ) Shoot a guard/soldier and run away.

b ) Pretend you are gay. I heard that it works.

c ) If you just can't escape, at least have fun shooting guns.

Any blog post gets lot of attention.

me getting recruited to the military

a ) Shoot a guard/soldier and run away. Herp derp

b ) Pretend you are gay. I heard that it works. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TER0Y7L-RfE

c ) If you just can't escape, at least have fun shooting guns.

are you in University? surely they can't recruit you if your in studying, right? don't know how it is in Israel but that's how it is Russia

are you in University? surely they can't recruit you if your in studying, right? don't know how it is in Israel but that's how it is Russia

IIRC If you're a citizen of Israel and you turn 18, you have to serve. Even if you are overseas.

Whatever you do don't give info to wikileaks ;) Sad story that, I mean don't get me wrong governments need some degree of privacy but if shit gets out then fool be them for trusting the wrong people. The guy could face 50 years in prison according to a local paper. It's getting crazy news coverage over here, maybe because they found out the dude was educated not far from where I live.

IIRC If you're a citizen of Israel and you turn 18, you have to serve. Even if you are overseas.

ah...well that sucks then :/ so...what happens if you are overseas and refuse to join? do you get deported or something like that?

ah...well that sucks then :/ so...what happens if you are overseas and refuse to join? do you get deported or something like that?

They come for you in the dead of night

No I'm just kidding. Not really sure.

They come for you in the dead of night

LOL

Finally posted some Echoes news. Check out the new concepts we're introducing. And try to ignore the fact it's delayed a bit p:

Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you remember me but I used to go here a lot. I don't if I'll be staying but I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing.

Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you remember me but I used to go here a lot. I don't if I'll be staying but I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing.

WB, what brought you back?

Of course we know you! What's going on mate?

What's funny is that just yesterday I was looking at your profile and thought "Why havent you been posting?"

You were gone? :blink: