VerdeFlash

The Official BS Thread #3

1,609 posts in this topic

I'm still laughing about this.

Ethan, I think you're the one who originally gave the link? Thank you. Really. :)

exec originally posted it, I got it from him. Kick ass website though totally worth checking out.

You should check it out again... Also look at the latest post's date.

There is this though. It's not as fun (they don't attempt to give deep meanings to his comics) but I think they can explain the comics if one doesn't understand them.

There is this though. It's not as fun (they don't attempt to give deep meanings to his comics) but I think they can explain the comics if one doesn't understand them.

Anyone read anything other than xkcd? I recently started following this and it's awesome <3

I set my RSS to tell me when Gone with the Blastwave updates, but I don't really read it because it never does.

I do read Cyanide and Happiness every day though!

And... That's about it. Cyanide, xkcd and GwtB. YYyyyyep.

Sorry to double-post, but Plain Sight is on sale right now and I REALLY recommend it! The sale will end very soon, get it quick!

I think it would be PERFECT for a party game, if we can manage the lag.

I remember seeing some promo for that game a long(ish) time ago. It looks awesome but yeah...shit computer etc etc.

Anyone had a chance to play LA Noire yet? It looks pretty good and Rockstar tend to make high quality games. Now I'm all about gameplay and think too much emphasis is placed on graphics these days but oh my the graphics, and particularly the faces, are incredible. I read into it and apparently they used a stupidly expensive system to capture faces but it worked well. I really wanna pick a copy up next time I got the money.

First few hours of E3, and from what I've seen til now, I can say only one thing:

Battlefield 3 is going to kick Modern Warfare 3's ass.

And if you were hiding under a rock for the last hours, enjoy this:

Try not to make to much of a mess, please.

How do I get out from under this rock? D:

Wii U looks interesting. I think it puts Microsoft and Sony in an interesting position when it comes to their next consoles.

I gotta agree with OZ, the new Battlefield looks amazing. I didn't like all the BS with Kinect controls for Mass Effect 3 and the new GRAW though, seems unnecessary.

Playstation Vita looks pretty nifty too, offers 3G internet so you can get online anywhere, and has duel sticks so shooters will finally work on a portable (anyone tried playing a FPS on a PSP?).

The WiiU is incredibly useful for families with only one TV... But this console's way past its time. Most people I know already have more than one TV, and the control does not look great to hold. I think I'll buy it if I get the chance, but I don't think this console is going far.

The WiiU is incredibly useful for families with only one TV... But this console's way past its time. Most people I know already have more than one TV, and the control does not look great to hold. I think I'll buy it if I get the chance, but I don't think this console is going far.

I think it's an interesting device purely because of the possibilities. There's the obvious stuff like say playing a game of poker where you all have your own hand on your controller etc etc. and the more out of the box things, I look forward to seeing the firmware get cracked and seeing what homebrew comes out because this kinda hardware needs the creativity you often fail to see from huge game firms. It also has a lot of potential outside of gaming with apps so to say.

So, my 360 finally broke again. No RRoD, hell it turned on fine and I could listen to music or play games off my hard drive, just not read discs. It said "Open Tray" instead of play and insists there's no disc in there.

So I phoned up Xbox Support, they've been good to me in the past (replaced a console in less than a week) and I figured my warranty was about to expire. Turns out it had. They were no use and literally read an article off the Xbox Support website to me...whilst I was reading it off my computer...go figure. They couldn't help for free, they wanted £75 to fix it.

...so I turned to YouTube. The first video I came across was this:

I laughed at the idea... Then I read the comments...

if i was gay i would suck your fucking dick dude OMG THANK YOU!!!!

EmeraldxZephyr 4 days ago

thank you for the video it worked perfectly! violence is always the answer!

ratfinkdrake 1 week ago

Thank YOU KID. IVE BEEEN TRYING TO FIX IT. LUVU (NO HOMO) tprentice22 1 week ago

So I went downstairs and proceeded to punch my Xbox in its metaphorical face...and it fucking worked.

On a side note I really over use ellipses (... <---those)

I was in a car accident today. I was just sitting in the back thinking about blank, when suddenly my parents paniced and my dad slammed on the breaks. I quickly came back from my empty daydream, to see that our car was headed towards another car that turned with a red light. Fortunately, my dad is an excellent driver (and that's an understatement), and slammed on the breaks just in time. It felt strange... When I saw the situation, I could already see that everyone in my car will be unharmed.

The other car was hit right in the back door, where a "child" was sitting. This child is actually a retarded grown man, looked about 40. I have no idea how... But he came out scratch-free as well. :)

'Twas fun. That accident could have ended very differently if only one small detail was changed. We're so lucky no one got hit. :)

I once was in a car accident. We were at the bottom of a hill, waiting to turn across a lane which presnetly had on-coming traffic coming down it.

Out of nowhere, after we had been stationary for at least 20 seconds, a 18 year old girl smashed into the back of us. Everyone was fine, we jumped out of the car to ask her wtf she was doing and then she started crying...she said it's the 2nd time she fucked her car in 2 months. Her father came down with all the insurance info and what not and first thing he said to his daughter was "DON'T SAY A FUCKING WORD, SIT IN MUMS CAR, I'LL DEAL WITH YOU LATER." must suck to be her!

Lol... Well, feeling like crap will hopefully make her a better driver (and clearly at that time she was a horrible one). She deserves all that, not necessarily because she really deserves it but because that's what needs to happen.