VerdeFlash

The Official BS Thread #3

1,609 posts in this topic

Yeah...the beauty of the 21st century though, we got her name from the insurance details, typed them into Facebook...added her as a friend. What's the first status I see? Her complaining that it was my friends fault, and not hers. So we completely covered her status in comments about it being her fault, she deleted the status and me and my friend very shortly after - still, I like to think some of her friends saw it.

Really glad nothing happened to you.

Well, how's the summer vacation going for everyone? I'm going to a vacation with my family for this weekend at the north (north Israel), and also got a job at a coffee shop (Aroma in case your'e wondering).

Just came back from watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

It was fantastic, a must watch. I personally grew up on the series of books and movies, so the entire thing was quite important for me, and I'm sad this part of my life is over.

GO WATCH IT.

Some of you may remember I posted one of this guys videos a few weeks ago. Well, I know him irl which is why I posted it to see what kinda interest it would garner (I think it has viral potential). One of his videos hit 150k views recently but he can't get paid for it because it's not his music in the video. The one above however, is also produced by him, enjoy. </shameless plug>

His eyes are blue.

Too blue.

Some of you may remember I posted one of this guys videos a few weeks ago. Well, I know him irl which is why I posted it to see what kinda interest it would garner (I think it has viral potential). One of his videos hit 150k views recently but he can't get paid for it because it's not his music in the video. The one above however, is also produced by him, enjoy. </shameless plug>

LOL I rememver commenting on this asking how is there such a small amount of views :D

Edit: Look at first comment: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=JEcj2xi9Ctc&page=6 (scroll down...)

Hay Ethan, you have invites to google+? And I'm also trying my hand at making some maps for portal 2, but the worst part is being extreme adhd and like giving up after 10 minutes of working on a level.

Hay Ethan, you have invites to google+? And I'm also trying my hand at making some maps for portal 2, but the worst part is being extreme adhd and like giving up after 10 minutes of working on a level.

Yeah, just send me a private message with your email address and I'll send one your way.

In other news I'm going to cut my hair in a few days...for the first time in 7 years. Fun fact - that's 1/3rd of my life. I'll post before/after pictures when it's done.

New ARG?

DON'T READ IF YOU PLAN TO SLEEP THIS WEEK

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1110603-Another-Possible-Valve-ARG

Does this have anything related with Nightmare House 3?

I've only just gotten back to the internet after a week and a half of being in Spain with hardly any. So I'm just guessing here... but is this this? http://konzortium.com/

Or more specifically, this: http://konzortium.com/aai/

:ohshit: so the UK is going crazy with riots. Mild political influence turned to looting. My city hasn't had any trouble so far.

Shit, looks like the world is fucking turning over.

I was at a festival for the last few days so I've missed out on news about the riots since Thursday. My city is still intact, but apparently there are some riots still happening around the UK. It's a difficult situation to talk about - I mean there's no way to justify attacking residential properties or small businesses, but at the same time people don't riot for no reason. Happy people don't riot.

Meanwhile apparently Hulk Hogan is the man with the plan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deW1dnbwcp0

Things like this make me question the world...

In your status, why did you say "strangest experience of my life"?

In your status, why did you say "strangest experience of my life"?

Where do I begin...

It wasn't quite what I thought it was. I'll try to find a video...

That should give you a decent idea of what the place was like, now for the weird bit: the amount of people on Acid. Seriously, it was just fucked up. People were tripping out all over the place, now I've not been shy about the fact that I'm liberal when it comes to drugs here, but these guys made me look straight edge. It was a mind boggling but none the less incredible experience.

The police presence was huge - they didn't seem concerned with arresting people who were taking drugs. I saw a few dealers get arrested, but other than that they just helped if any violence escalated (which there was very little of).

The music was amazing, such a huge variety and all amazing live. Some of the main acts cancelled which was a bit gutting but still totally worth it. There was some really good acts I didn't know were coming, including this guy who's mad talented.

He's known for "beat juggling" - playing 2 copies of the same song and making something different out of them.

Other than that I bumped into a few people I know who I didn't know were going to be there so that was a nice surprise, I've heard rumors that someone died that, very sad if it's true but I'm yet to see any official confirmation. It's far from unheard of given the nature of festivals but still...

I've seen the original America's Army video that he links to in the description. This video is really cool, but I've been well aware of world portals and the possibilities they present for quite some time. Very nice "tech demo" map and video, high quality map, but to a guy like me it's too obvious how it was made to enjoy it to the fulles :(

The curse of knowledge.

I just came from a protest. Basically, the people are furious about the prices of, well, everything. Mainly the prices of rent and buying apartments, but EVERYTHING is overpriced. So they we began a series of protests against the government, blaming them for only looking out for theirselves and not caring about the people. Personally I'm not exactly sure what we expect them to do about it (prices are, after all, set by the seller) but everything they're blamed for is completely true.

So anyway today was the biggest protest in history of Israel. Something's got to come out of this.

Edit: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/09/03/israel-protests.html

lolololol.

Some of you guys may remember at least a year ago now I posted here asking about iOS games, as I had found an iPod Touch 2G on the floor.

Last night I found a 32GB iPhone 3GS :proud: I already got the speech about returning it last time (if you don't take care of your shit someone else will).

It was facedown in a puddle. It didn't turn on, but after a night in a bag of rice (natural dehumidifier) it turns on. It has a passcode on it which proved incredibly easy to get around (simply restore the firmware). It's still a bit dodgy, steaming up the screen - god knows how long it was in a puddle for but it was completely submerged, a red light has come on which I read indicates a void warranty due to water damage.

I dunno what to do with it. I'm pretty sure the speaker and the mic will have issues with being soaked in water, but perhaps it'll fully function tomorrow.

I'm a really lucky guy, now just to hope someone loses a decent PC...

Edit: Ok the aerials are broken and it doesn't pick up any reception. Mic works fine...It constantly thinks headphones are in (and thus I can't test the speaker). Screen fully functions which is fuckin' shocking because it was totally submerged. All the physical buttons work fine. In other words...I've got another iPod Touch. Can't complain.