VerdeFlash

The Official BS Thread #3

1,609 posts in this topic

lolololol.

Some of you guys may remember at least a year ago now I posted here asking about iOS games, as I had found an iPod Touch 2G on the floor.

Last night I found a 32GB iPhone 3GS :proud: I already got the speech about returning it last time (if you don't take care of your shit someone else will).

It was facedown in a puddle. It didn't turn on, but after a night in a bag of rice (natural dehumidifier) it turns on. It has a passcode on it which proved incredibly easy to get around (simply restore the firmware). It's still a bit dodgy, steaming up the screen - god knows how long it was in a puddle for but it was completely submerged, a red light has come on which I read indicates a void warranty due to water damage.

I dunno what to do with it. I'm pretty sure the speaker and the mic will have issues with being soaked in water, but perhaps it'll fully function tomorrow.

I'm a really lucky guy, now just to hope someone loses a decent PC...

Edit: Ok the aerials are broken and it doesn't pick up any reception. Mic works fine...It constantly thinks headphones are in (and thus I can't test the speaker). Screen fully functions which is fuckin' shocking because it was totally submerged. All the physical buttons work fine. In other words...I've got another iPod Touch. Can't complain.

Wow... You lucky guy. Yeah, I'm not mad at you for keeping it this time :) but you should get the sim out (I hear you have to use a pin or something to get it out of an iPhone) and use it on another phone to get free phone calls call the phone company and tell them it was lost. Umm... On second thought, you'd probably have to wait too long until someone answers, so don't bother. :P

You really are a lucky guy. Go fill out a lottery form thingamabob.

Also here you go http://www.lmylife.com/

The sim card is long gone I'm afraid. I always say if my phone's lost I'd be happy if someone just returned the sim (as it holds all my contacts)...but the guy had a passcode on his iPhone so there was no way of contacting him.

It still doesn't pick up signal though :(

I noticed the WCS is a bit quiet these days, well, just letting you guys know we did not forgot it, we're just busy in real life stuff.

I have my job, and Ido has his army, but we're still lurking around, and we'll probably bring stuff back to life soon.

I won't do any more mods, but I do plan to try my luck making a real game with Unity or UDK some time later, probably horror.

Also, Echoes is not made by me, thats Ido's project.

Is anyone here talented (or at least knows the basics) with video making? (Talking about 2D and basic 3D graphics that are drawn/made on a computer)

If so, could you point me in the right direction? What software do you recommend for the job? (for my purposes I'll mainly be using 2D graphics)

A good example for the style I'll want to make is Portal's cartoony videos, with a flat black figure. Ignore the fact that that's basically 3D - that's just the style I want. :)

Ok someone help me pleeeaseee. Got an Acer Aspire 5315, and I was trying to hook it up via VGA to my new TV. Plugged it in, switched to the VGA on my TV and then pressed FN+F5 which I understand switches the picture over bu nothing happened. I googled for a solution and saw someone saying right click the desktop, click graphics options and switch the output to one of the other options. I tried this but I guess I picked the wrong option because it didn't appear on my TV but it blacked out my laptops native screen. now I can't see shit to change it back. I tried pressing FN+F5 and I tried turning the laptop off and on hoping that would be a quick solution but I was wrong. I can't even format the fucking thing if I can't see anything... Yeah I know this is a rediculous scenario but I hope someone else here has done it and can point me in the right direction

I am sorry but I cannot overcome my annoying urge to ask you stupid obvious things before I begin. It may sound like I'm calling you an idiot, but really - it's not you, it's me:

Have you tried restarting with the laptop not connected to the TV or any other monitor? (When you do, before Windows starts to load do you see any text on the laptop's screen?)

Have you tried switching through all the different channels on the TV? (AV1, AV2, AV3, etc, and any other AV-like channel with a different name that those fancy new TVs have)

Have you tried connecting a different computer monitor to the laptop temporarily? If you don't have any, see if a friend can let you use his for testing. If it works, switch the default screen back to the laptop and NEVER switch the default screen to the secondary screen. E-V-E-R.

Have you tried kicking your laptop until it does what you want it to do?

I am sorry but I cannot overcome my annoying urge to ask you stupid obvious things before I begin. It may sound like I'm calling you an idiot, but really - it's not you, it's me:

Have you tried restarting with the laptop not connected to the TV or any other monitor? (When you do, before Windows starts to load do you see any text on the laptop's screen?)

Have you tried switching through all the different channels on the TV? (AV1, AV2, AV3, etc, and any other AV-like channel with a different name that those fancy new TVs have)

Have you tried connecting a different computer monitor to the laptop temporarily? If you don't have any, see if a friend can let you use his for testing. If it works, switch the default screen back to the laptop and NEVER switch the default screen to the secondary screen. E-V-E-R.

Have you tried kicking your laptop until it does what you want it to do?

It's ok, 9/10 times the "stupid obvious things" are the problem.

When I restart the laptop not connected to anything I get the exact same result. Nothing. Flicking through all the AV channels didn't work although amazingly this didn't come to me at the time. I have a desktop in my house so I can test it on that monitor, it's 2am here though so I'll leave that 'til tomorrow.

As for kicking it that was obviously top of the list ;)

I tried poking Google again but I just get a bunch of crap on physically replacing the screen that comes with the laptop. Got the laptop for £20 ($30 or 115 Israeli Shekel (what's the symbol for your currency btw?)) so it's not the end of the world but I was looking forward to watching YouTube vids on a big TV.

Example: 115₪ (the symbol comes after the number)

The symbol is like a ש and a ח combined, which stand for New Shekel in Hebrew. Most people don't use the symbol, instead writing ש"ח which would be like writing NIS or USD.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, I was wrong about the symbol coming after the number: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shekel_sign

Ok so today I went to try to hook my laptop up to another monitor and when I opened it the native screen was on. Thank you magic laptop fairies for saving the day.

Yeah, I know. Should have made it clearer that that's what I meant :P

Did anyone buy Battlefield 3? (Referring to the people in the forum who are still alive)

I'm gonna see if i can snag it for free, just built a new computer which hopefully can run it. If i can't get one though i'll probably just buy it in a week or two.

Did anyone buy Battlefield 3? (Referring to the people in the forum who are still alive)

I'm gonna see if i can snag it for free

How do you plan to do that?

I'm gonna see if i can snag it for free

How do you plan to do that?

I know people, people who work for alienware. It is because of these people that I obtained Duke Nukem forever, and Dead Island free. So this is how I plan to do that, although I have no idea if that will actually work. But I'm 97.3% sure I can get MW3.