Retribution18

Help with Nightmare House

38 posts in this topic

Well I installed Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source, then downloaded Nightmare House Remake and put the folder where it needs to be in "sourcemods", but Steam doesn't bring the mod up (After I followed the directions correctly, I shut steam off while I applied that then logged in and out a couple times but Nightmare House mod never appeared). I read on forums for the console command of changelevel nightmare_house 1 or map nightmare_house1, but both never worked either..

Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is that I need the original Nightmare House..

VALVe made an upgrade of Source and Nightmare House Remake is not working! Wait for Nightmare House 2, there will be a remake of the remake that does work!

You are using an account that owns both CS:S and HL2, right?

If so, then the only thing I can think of is that you didn't install it right. Do you have the folder Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\NHr? And in it, the file gameinfo.txt? If so then I don't know.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, ruanito is right, but it's still supposed to show up in the list.

I didn't "buy the games from steam" I just added them manually using the "Add a Non Steam Game" option. I haven't played Counterstrike Source yet so I think iggle is right. I am so interested in this game I don't even want to play Half Life or CSS for it lol :)

I'm not sure how well it would work with non-steam versions of the game, but for most people the update broke the game, so possibly if you don't update css or hl2 and somehow install the mod it might work. I think that the fact that you don't own steam versions of hl2 or css is the reasons that the mod doesn't show in steam, anyways, best of luck.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask could you guys possibly make a .executable file for Nightmare House? I don't see why that would be too much of a hassle..But anyways I'll try that iggle, thanks for all your help guys!

I didn't "buy the games from steam" I just added them manually using the "Add a Non Steam Game" option. I haven't played Counterstrike Source yet so I think iggle is right. I am so interested in this game I don't even want to play Half Life or CSS for it lol :)

Buy the games or you can't play it, stupid

If someone expects to play a game without buying it, then he is STUPID, and if he expects it to work perfectly with everything, then he is a STUPID IDIOT and should burn in hell after dying of cancerAIDS.

I think I'll make an EXE setup file for NH2, it's a good idea.

If you don't release a rar of it then I will.

I am, also, are you threatening me?

Did you even read it with the quotations? I have the full versions of the games installed on my computer, I just don't have it activated with Steam.

If you want to use CSS or EP2 content, buy the damn game. We're not going to support people who pirate Valve games here. When we refer to the full version we mean you PAID for it.

Did you even read it with the quotations? I have the full versions of the games installed on my computer, I just don't have it activated with Steam.
Right now there are three options:

1. You think I'm a real idiot

2. You are a real idiot

3. You pirated the game

Allow me to explain each one:

1. You think I'm a real idiot - you think I don't know that Steam is required for all of Valve's games. You CANNOT have a copy without Steam.

2. You are a real idiot - you bought an illegal copy of the game, aka someone downloaded a torrent, burnt it on a DVD and sold it to you. If you really thought that was a real copy then you are fucking stupid. (unless the guy really did it very well - I doubt it)

3. You pirated the game - the most probably option. You downloaded an illegal copy of the game and are expecting it to work exactly like a legal copy. You would be fucking stupid to think that.

As you can see I do not hesitate to insult you because in any of those situations, you would have an idiot to think you'd get all the benefits of a legal copy.

However, if option #2 is true, then let me just say I'm sorry for you and that you should never buy games at flea markets or from guys with a table next to a supermarket selling underpriced DVDs of just about everything. The one exception to this rule is that, in the flea market, if the game is old then it might be a legit copy. By old I mean pre-2002-ish.

The guy probably pirated the game but...

As you can see I do not hesitate to insult you because in any of those situations, you would have an idiot to think you'd get all the benefits of a legal copy.

...if you're going to call someone an idiot at least use correct grammar.

Theres no need to belligerent here man, I don't know why you are taking such offense to my problem. I asked a simple question and I appreciate you helping me. I will go buy a copy of the game when NH2 comes out, but you should realize it is possible to mod games as long as its fully installed on your computer.

@Ethan - I do that sometimes, forgetting to type some of the words :P

The fact that it was 1:10 AM probably didn't help ;)

@Phila - name one mod for any of Valve's games that works for you.

@Phila - name one mod for any of Valve's games that works for you.

I never purchased/played a Valve game before and didn't know it is required that you use it through Steam.