Retribution18

Help with Nightmare House

38 posts in this topic

I think I'll make an EXE setup file for NH2, it's a good idea.

If you don't release a rar of it then I will.

I am, also, are you threatening me?

Yes I am, I know where you live.

(lol no not really)

And why was I rated down?

People don't like rars?

*goes back and reads second page*

Why are you harshing on him? He just wants to play the mod, If he bought the game, pirated it, or bought the game from someone who pirated it isn't anyone's problem besides his, and Valve's. He was just looking for some help.

Yeah, due to Steam Green_Colorz_PDT_37.gif

lol, are you blaming Steam because it WORKS and does its job well? xD

Lol, you are relentless aren't you....And when I looked up Steam to learn about it, I seen how it failed during Half Life 2's release due to people purchasing the game and not being able to activate it..

Looks like Steam took a big fail there.....Esp since it costs more to order the game on Steam rather than buying products at a reg store...Steam does not sound friendly.....

Lol, you are relentless aren't you....And when I looked up Steam to learn about it, I seen how it failed during Half Life 2's release due to people purchasing the game and not being able to activate it..

Looks like Steam took a big fail there.....Esp since it costs more to order the game on Steam rather than buying products at a reg store...Steam does not sound friendly.....

News only reports on things when they go wrong.

Listen to me. I have been using steam for years, it works perfectly well. It had problems 6 YEARS ago when it first started but it's far better now.

Buy the damn games, I know a lot of commercial games are crappy and have awful DRM but valve games use steam. Steam is a service, not a DRM. The world will be a much happier place if you use steam, buy the games required and THEN play NH2. Steam only has high prices because publishers, Activion for example, are assholes who set ridiculously high prices. It's not Valve's choice to have high prices, you might actually notice that prices for Valve games are extremely low, TF2 was in a sale a while back for $3 or so, and they've practically given away portal to everyone on the planet now.

I'm sorely tempted to put an additional piracy check into NH2 just so people like you can't play. We do not tolerate pirating valve games here.

I'm sorely tempted to put an additional piracy check into NH2 just so people like you can't play. We do not tolerate pirating valve games here.

Just from what he is saying, he bought an old copy of the game separate from steam, and didn't pirate it.

Just from what he is saying, he bought an old copy of the game separate from steam, and didn't pirate it.

That is very interesting, because such versions do not exist on this Earth without piracy.

Even the old version of Half-Life (which, I admit, had a cooler menu :P) can be activated on Steam if its CD-Key hasn't been used by someone else.