Ido

Go play it

27 posts in this topic

Anyone missed me? :proud:

Echoes is up at armor games:

http://armorgames.co...on-stranglehold

I haven't updated the blog or site yet because I have to wait a few days until I can post it on echoesgame.com

If you have any bugs to report send me a PM. I'll keep patching the game for a while, but in general it's stable. Gonna also add a few smaller features such as a highscore table for the survival mode and tweak the balancing in the game.

Just showing a sign of life. Been doing quite a few things lately, currently involved in two other new game projects. Rest assured they won't take as long to develop, I'm on a strict deadline this time

Cheers

Gee, thanks.

It's 3 AM, I was just about to go to sleep, and now I'm going to stay up all night because of you.

I hate you.

I LOVE YOU.

Edit: intro could use some a lot of work...

Not that I expect you'll be able to/are going to do this but:

1. Get a better voice.

2. Speak more clearly, with a better mic.

3. Do NOT make the music that much more silent when the narrator is talking.

now to play the game, lol

Just finished it, it's a shame you didn't fixed most of the things I asked you to, you can read the comment there to know exactly what I mean.

I swear to god if you're doing this again in ACT2 I'm coming to your house to slap you.

Game is still awesome though, and you don't need me to say that to know.

Heh.

I died and, when I press restart stage, the black screen thing comes from the left, goes to the right, and I'm still on the You have died screen. Even when I press Quit, and press Yes, it still shows the "are you sure" screen.

Sounds like a bug to me!

Thanks Neat -- I found the bug you're talking about. Somebody else reported it aswell. If you refresh the page hopefully the game is still cached and it wont take load to reload, the game saves all your progress and unlocks automatically.

HOLY FUCKING AWESOME BALLS.

I shall return with more constructive comments later.

Edit: Ok some thoughts.

- Firstly, Dem walks at like 2 miles per hour. Am I the only one noticing this? Also spamming A\D doesn't cause him to hop, hop, hop in a clean motion, this might be intentional but caused me to die a bunch of times :P

- Loading time holy shit it took a long time. I was cool with waiting but perhaps not everyone is...still once I got into the game I could see why it's a big file.

- The gameplay is amazing. RTS\Action is a great idea and very well executed, it was fun and challenging, controlling both combat and strategy mode was easy to pick up on.

- I love the story as well, the cutscenes are awesome the animation quality is some of the best I've seen in Flash games, but there's often pauses between lines of dialogue and it sounds unnatural. This could be something to do with my shitty computer\internet connection.

- It's short :( I know you've spoke before on the fact that you had to code the engine this time and for the other episodes that won't be required, but the game seems really short. I personally watched all the cutscenes which stretched it a lot but in terms of gameplay I felt it ended before I thought it would (although that feeling is kinda inevitable with episodic content).

Overall I'd give it a 9\10, really good game play, extremely professional looking, sounding and feeling. I think what separates games like this from most Flash games is that every aspect is fine tuned to make the final product...there's no area where there's obvious flaws or errors. Well done to everyone who worked on it :D

Also

Just showing a sign of life. Been doing quite a few things lately, currently involved in two other new game projects. Rest assured they won't take as long to develop, I'm on a strict deadline this time

Will these titles be released under WCS?

This game is great, but I didn't play very much, I'm waiting for it to be released here. I don't like playing games in Armor Games, too much ads, and the fact you need to use the scroll mouse button to change weapons can't be done in armor games, because it scrolls down.

So I would rather play it here :D

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm reading you. The game's gonna be in Echoesgame in a few days, with a few tweaks. I assure you the gameplay is gonna be smoother through our official site

Awesome.

all of it.

The only thing the bothers me a bit is the length of the dialogues.. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against an interesting and complex plot, but having to listen to several minutes of talking between each mission is quite brutal.

Mhh... an alien race that joins creatures of the conquered planets with technology invades earth... and humanity form's a resistance... where did I heard that before...?

What? Never heard of that game. B)

Mhh... an alien race that joins creatures of the conquered planets with technology invades earth... and humanity form's a resistance... where did I heard that before...?

What? Never heard of that game. B)

Hybrid were my idea, and Half Life 2 and Killzone were totally not an inspiration.

I understand it wasn't inspired on those games, but I never mentioned Killzone, so then I google'd it and they look a lot like the Echoes's common soldiers(Human Thane, Thal, Thai or something, I don't remember).

Of course, I'm sure is just a coincidence!

wallpaper_killzone_06_10243.jpg

So, when are you gonna post it on echoesgame.com?

PS: I didn't have to post an image, but I wanted to!

Thanks :) According to the counter I implemented in game... we're past million. Hurray!

Overview of Echoes Act 1