16928_1461022741

Multiplayer

Do you ?   9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Multiplayer in the next Echoes?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

So i saw this has been brought up before. Will there be Multiplayer in the next Echoes? hmm Ido? If there is i shall be the first to start a Clan muhehe we shall rule the online Echoes Universe >:] And if there is multiplayer what features would you guys want in it?...

Multiplayer would be fun, but you don't understand. To make multiplayer, first you have to create a network protocol, you also have to make plenty of Multiplayer-friendly maps or it would be pointless. And don't even get me started with the new possibilities for bugs. Also, some sort of perdiction system would have to be implemented to reduce choppiness and people jumping all over, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, it's not easy. Not at all.

Multiplayer would be awesome but seriously don't hold you breath on it. As Neat said it's incredibly difficult to make happen and has shit loads of obstacles along the way.

If it were to happen I think a good feature would be to limit what you can take into battle (i.e. more units and such and you're only allowed some) to allow more variety to the teams (otherwise there's a "best strategy"). It'd be interesting.

@OP I cannot confirm what we plan for Act 2 just yet but I can say, @NeatNit, that maps & balance that are 'required' for multiplayer are in a way gonna be there in Act 2.

Yes, that is one of the easier parts of multiplayer..

I understand you've got plenty of experience in that field, I might hire you sometime