Jakes0110

programs

8 posts in this topic

You know i was wondering wich program are you guys used beacuse,there is a lot of game creating programs

and i dont think you used one of them.

So...What program have u used?

And if you wanna know why,then if i can post it we all can create are own games like echoes,or the breach...

:wink2::mellow:

But also, Flash is the first program I learned and I find it easy for a beginner to learn. The thing is though, if you don't have a good amount of cash in your pocket, then flash could end up being quite expensive. Some free alternatives may be Java, Gamemaker, or Silverlight. (but don't quote me on silverlight because i've never used it.)

What did you used for creating the game...

Beacuse I know you can't create a game with flash or whatever,cuz you need a team for it like you know

producer

A guy who draw those stuff..

and others so - How did U create it?

Beacuse I know you can't create a game with flash or whatever,cuz you need a team for it like you know

producer

You can create a flash game by yourself, and Ido haven't created the game completely alone. For instance, he didn't record all the sound by himself. But he did a pretty HUGE slice of the game, he IS the creator after all.

producer

You know i was wondering wich program are you guys used beacuse,there is a lot of game creating programs

and i dont think you used one of them.

So...What program have u used?

And if you wanna know why,then if i can post it we all can create are own games like echoes,or the breach...

:wink2::mellow:

Firstly don't just create another thread because you're not getting the answers you want in another. Read the rules, if you break them again you'll be banned.

Secondly, Flash is diverse and a lot of the work was probably done in that. Also no offence but if you have zero experience you're not going to be able to "create are own games like echoes" it's not as simple as that. The team who made Echoes all have experience in their fields.

I merged the two topics together.

Echoes: Operation Stranglehold is published for Adobe Flash Player 9. I wrote the code using FlashDevelop 3 and compiled everything in Flex SDK 3.4.

In the first months of development however, I tried using the IDE (Aka Adobe Flash CS3 and CS4) to compile the game. Eventually it took too much memory to compile the file and it kept crashing, so I moved everything to FlashDevelop and compiled parts of the game separately. I am not sure about the new CS5, but Adobe's IDE is definitely not stable for this kind of project.

Graphical tools of choice were Adobe Flash CS3, CS4 and lately CS5. Axel also uses Photoshop (not sure what version) a lot, combined with his photography. He explained to me how he can take a picture of an old textured wall on the street and turn it into explosions and stuff. Dude's got a lot of talent and great techniques.

Not sure what programs were used to create the music in the game. I can direct this question to Erik if necessary. Same goes for SFX, only in that case Zach clearly based some of the sounds on existing sounds and turned them into what we needed in Echoes. Zach also did all the Hybrid effects for the voices.

And the rest is voices, talented voices.

Oh and story. I guess Paul used Word :) No but really - Google Docs can serve well when a doc needs to be shared and edited live. It's great for brainstorming too.

But also, Flash is the first program I learned and I find it easy for a beginner to learn. The thing is though, if you don't have a good amount of cash in your pocket, then flash could end up being quite expensive. Some free alternatives may be Java, Gamemaker, or Silverlight. (but don't quote me on silverlight because i've never used it.)

Hehehe... I quoted you.