Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

That has got to have been the best game I have ever played. It gave me more chills and jumps then FEAR. It was well worth the wait, Thanks Hen and Team :D

Amazing mapping by the way, It made me say "With Source Engine?? Really?!

ooo sweet lemonade

Edited by Cueball

That has got to have been the best game I have ever played. It gave me more chills and jumps then FEAR. It was well worth the wait, Thanks Hen and Team :D

Amazing mapping by the way, It made me say "With Source Engine?? Really?!

ooo sweet lemonade

i agree.. ive never seen these kind of effects with source engine. Im amazed... 1000 times better than what i expected...

OOO sweet lemonade lmao!! that was funny lol

Glad you guys liked it, means a lot to me.

:D You deserve it.

I'm making game play videos of each chapter. Chapter 1 is being compiled ATM. I'll have a new one everyday until it's done, I'll make sure to put ***SPOILERS*** in the Description/Title.

Chapter 1

Any who, the story line was amazing and I loved all the small details you had that made it up, such as a photo or flashback. Really amazing work on this mod, you clearly put a bunch of effort into it. What will your next project be?

Oh, you should set a goal for 5,000 downloads, then 10,000 etc.. and post it when you get the numbers.

Great game, loved the humor also... "so cold you'll shit bricks," "the game," "gotta go drain the worm" etc. Also the swat team members all had likeable, believable personalities which made them a great addition. Also the weird changing room effects were awesome, as well as the chapter with all the mannequins that would suddenly just be facing your direction.

In other words, GOOD JOB! Also there should be an easter eggs thread!

OH MAN WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW FUCKING EPIC THE GAME AND ESPECIALLY THE ENDING WAS.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">That was the best fuckin' mod I've ever played. Also, something that never happened before happened while I was playing this game; I actually felt sad when:<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">1. You encounter the first SWAT to die's ghost(I think, you know, where he turns into a mannequin.)<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">2. The other SWATs die.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">3. The commander dies.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">and the ending made me feel happy for several reasons, like:<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">1. I was happy I'd stopped the asshole in the machine.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">2. I was happy I'd fulfilled the SWAT team's objective.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">3. I was happy that the ending gave closure, and also explained somewhat the backstory of Emily, although so far the only thing I can gather is the good doctor did something to his wife(emily) and killed her.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">I can't fully explain how this game made me feel so I'll let Yahtzee do it for me:<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">

It leaves you emotionally drained and satisfied like fucking a burning dolphin.
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">And one of my favorite aspects was how the guy actually seemed evil. It was evidenced in how he killed the SWAT team and how he tries to kill the player, among other things.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">Even the fact that some of the content was shamelessly ripped from F.E.A.R doesn't annoy me in the slightest.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">I do have one qualm, though.. She was trying to kill you most of the time, why did she suddenly stop at the end? Oh well, I still love this game. Thank you.<br style="text-shadow: none;">

HEY, VEGETA! WHAT DOES THE SCANNER SAY ABOUT HER POWER LEVEL?

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

I just have a few questions though;

1. Was that the guy's ghost with the mannequin(mentioned in my feedback post)?

2. Maybe I missed something in the game, but what happened to the girl(AKA with her and her husband, and the house?)

3. What are you going to do now? Are you quitting game development?<br style="text-shadow: none;">

1. It is not clear what he actually was, he has the same symbol the first SWAT who's gone had, and later on the other guy asks you if you saw "Johnson" somewhere, was he real or not? even I don't know.

2. You can try to find out, around Romero's "Lab" you can find a lot of info about the story.

3. First thing I do is taking a break, later on we'll see.

Great Job! I've been looking forward for this for awhile, I did find a bug well at least I think its a bug. While going through the parking area while one of the SWAT members was talking a message popped up that said "Remember to reload Dr. Freeman" I saw that and just just started cracking up. Other than that its freakin awesome.

Great Job! I've been looking forward for this for awhile, I did find a bug well at least I think its a bug. While going through the parking area while one of the SWAT members was talking a message popped up that said "Remember to reload Dr. Freeman" I saw that and just just started cracking up. Other than that its freakin awesome.

Haha what, how is that even possible?

I had the same thing, the "Don't forget to reload, Dr. Freeman!"

Needless to say I laughed harder than I did at the easter egg.<br style="text-shadow: none;">

Hello, Ive been watching this mod for a year and not posting because id only annoy you with my "is it done yet?" bull-crap. I'm posting now though because this mod exceeded my expectations and believe me they were high.

i loved the storyline, it kept me gripped with its inspirations clearly from other games, (mannequins, girl from fear etc.)

i have only one complaint the voice acting, on men characters specifically. They are all done by the same guy and some lines are kinda cheesy enough to pull me out of the fear but the woman on the intercom was delightful

thank you for attempting and succeeding in creating a mod that was actually scary, at least it scared me

was fucking awesome, I'm telling all my friends about this mod and got one of my friends to announce its release on his website

Alright Hen, you've got some 'splaining to do.

On my first play in the first (or second if you count the prologue) chapter, I was feeling my way around the kitchen in the dark because the game kept crashing when I used the flashlight (which I fixed a few minutes later), anyway, I was along the wall where the door to the axe room when I was suddenly prompted in the subtitle area with multiple "DO NOT TURN AROUND" messages, needless to say I was scared shitless and I most certainly did not turn around, so my question is: How did I cause the message(s) to appear and what would've happened if I turned around?

Game was fun! Very... VERY Vilent! But I still liked the game! Weird, two ends, one sad, one happy. One you DIe, other you... uhh... well, I'm not very sure if you died or not. Too bad the holl S.W.A.T. Team dies. sad.gif

Oh, and Mike072, thats just a glitch. Its okay. :) I got freaked out too, I wasn't in the kitchen though. I was way before that.

Edited by house

Dear NH2 Development team,

When Nightmare House released in 2005 I was amazed. Never had I seen something like this. An actually SCARY modification for Half-Life 2! To this date I had played it a total of 43 times. Don't ask why but I've been counting. I took it as just a random cool thing and never thought the creator would make another one. Imagine my suprise in 2008 a while after it's release when I saw the Remake! In no time at all I was hooked, induldging every detail I could. Now again, 2 years later I found myself on this forum 3 weeks ago, flabbergasted to find that there was a Nightmare House 2 and that it was almost released! I quieted myself and watched from the shadows for a month waiting. The wait was worth it.

Hi there, and congragulations on the release of Nightmare House 2! I made a forum account with the specific purpose to write this response. I must say I am amazed, not only by the mod itself, but the pure effort and work you have poured into this project. Not only have you done so extremely well, but you have done it for the enjoyment of others; and that is something you rarely see these days. I have no doubt that any mod even half as well made as this one would not be for free. You gave us so nightmare house 2 and ask nothing for but thanks in return. You have earned the respect and admiration we fans give to you, not just because you are the creators of the mod, but because you listen to them, and ask them for help directly.

Believe it or not, I read every single post on the "Ideas" thread and in the first five minutes of playing through NH2, I saw at least 4 concepts that had been given by the community here. You all are an inspiration for those around you and I hope that you fully understand the appreciation that we have for you and what you have given us.

Hen Mazolski - Hen, most amazing job with the mapping, was so much more then I expected and thank you for bringing this all together. Also the patience you had with some forum members is envious.

Harry ".eXeC!" Jeffery - Without your hard work this masterpiece would surely of never come to place. Your sense of humor helped too I guess.

Christopher "Guessmyname" Jones - I have played many, many mods in my time and never have I seen the use of so many custom models come into play. This addition and your expertise in making it happen made the mod all the much better.

Pedro "TigerboyPT" Calvo - I don't know much about faceposing scenes but I would love to know what you do. I felt astonished by the stunning realism of the characters actions. P.S- Are you still working on that secret machninima series of yours? I'm a big fan of your work.

David Kingery and Danielle McRae - The voices were oh so believable and added atmosphere and color to an already fascinating script.

Yoav "Koolfox" Landau and Aidin Ashoori - The music scores and additional sounds gave an eerie sense of suspense and creepiness to this survival horror.

Ido Tal - I love you.

Beta Testers - You lucky bastards. Thanks for going through the bugs so we didnt have to. smile.gif

I know not all of the team are listed and not all of them are on these forums, I don't even know if this will be read. Regardless of these details the fact remains that I am extremely thankful for the work called Nightmare House 2.

If it's the wrong thread to place this, you can delete it and apologies.

Your huge fan,

Jkbloo

Wow Jkbloo that's one hell of a post! I'm glad you liked it, I read through it all, and the only thing I can say is that things like that makes all the years of work worth the effort.

@Mike072, the subtitles are a part of a random scare system called A.S.S (auto scare system), every few minutes it choose something and play it, one of them is a creepy text flooding your screen.

Jkbloo, I have to say, thats a very great paragraph you made to the NH2 Team. I couldn't do it any better myself. I LOVED NH2 a lot too. I loved the game SOOO much! Also, CURSE YOU Romeraz for making these zombies! ( Romeraz from the game. ) Lol ^_^

Questions:

1. Hen, why does DON'T TURN AROUND show up in the subtitles during the game? It freaked me out the first time I saw it :o

2. Is the girl's eyes poked out or something? It looks a lot like it.

3. The Remake still looked like there were CS:S Props. Were they? mellow.gif

4. Thats acculty it. I don't have anymore questions. :)

So, anyways, The game was fun. I liked it. The customs zombies also looked cool! :)

Are you going to fix the pistol reload sound? It really doesn't go with the pistol.