Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

Jkbloo, thank you very much for the feedback, your post (and the thread in general) made me feel prouder of being in the Nightmare House 2 team than ever.

About faceposer, basically it is about doing the character lip-synch, facial expressions and choosing standard animations from each character, placing them and blending/changing intensity, etc. Also made the video editing, for example in those little flashbacks you see after the dreams, also the eye startup video ;)

PS: The "DON'T TURN ARROUND" thing is actually a feature.

Thank you once again. :)

@Mike072, the subtitles are a part of a random scare system called A.S.S (auto scare system), every few minutes it choose something and play it, one of them is a creepy text flooding your screen.

That is the coolest and scariest thing I've ever heard of :lol: .

i just played it out.......wow.......very damn nice!!!! scarier than fear!

and at me it didnt say DONT TURN AROUND but HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME

freaked me out too!

EDIT: lol now i know what you mean with mmmmm sweet lemonade xD

Epic game, When i heard one of them said "Where Johnson?" I was like "Oh no, a first victim." I bet the girl ghost was trying to save him or something, and the moment i have to kill one of the insanity swat i was like "Don't do this!!!" but then i have to push the trigger, poor guy.

At the part choosing to escape or determine to kill that girl, i was about to choose escape, then i have a vision(black and white) and heard she said "don't do this...", and then i was like "Hell no, i am going to kill that bastard.".

Finally battle is pure epic and awesome with that music, when he keep telling me to stop. I was like "I will kill you even i have to die trying." and then the credit music is worth it.

Hen, you made a most epic game with sad, and something like... i can't explain.

(That mp5 need to be changed lol, like from 45 shot to 30 shot, and then the grenade launcher is quite useless, did you get a permission from fpsbanana?)

The single highest quality mod I have ever played.

Lots of great jump moments, loved the characters and the part where you're pacing back and forth in that basement area was genius - I screamed outloud when I looked up to see her!

This was really fun to play through and the story was really high quality! Puzzles like having to use your hearing in the dark without the flashlight to find your way and the brilliant voice acting behind the announcer and the SWAT team made this a fucking fantastic experience - I've recommended this mod to all my friends and I'm going to play it again right now!

(Being a mapper myself I can appriciate all the hard work and creativity that must have gone into making this masterpiece - well done to everyone involved, you've done a great job!)

By far the best mod I've ever played, phenomenal effort by all the team :D

I was pretty amazed it was done with the source engine, the head bobbing as you walk and those fear-like sequences were awesome. I think the part with the mannequins might have scarred me for life, but oh well, it was worth it :D

The only criticism I'd have would be with the voice acting, atleast on the male part, it seemed a bit unenthusiastic in some parts and corny in others, but atleast it was good for a laugh.

The moral choices were pretty awesome too, I wasn't expecting to find that level of depth in a mod, I guess it shows just how high the quality is

awesome job!!

Just finished the game. It was awsome! It was totally worth the waiting! The jump scares, the priceless manequins mindfucks, the hilarious marines, the whole environment. One of the best game ever for sure! I must congratulate all of the team for this work of art!

EDIT: "We would like a moment of your time to notify you. There's something behind you!" -> EPIC

Another guy here registering just to tell you, Hen and company, that this is by far, the best and most polished mod I've ever had the joy(or terror?) to play. Infact, I would easily go so far as to say this is the greatest horror game I've ever played.

I only found out about this mod sometime after the steam update and redesign, through the series of videos Renkeki did, i'd never been so scared and laughed so much in my entire life. I stopped after his first video to try this for myself without any spoilers, but steam screwed up mods, so that wasn't happening. The amount of hype I've had waiting for this must be nothing compared to however long it is some of the folks on these boards have been waiting.

Anyway, the mod itself! There are so many moments in this that i love, the part where the walls close in on you, then you look up and the girl is there, holy crap, I shat more brix there than i have in my entire life time. And the manequins, when i saw the swat member through the window, then i went through the door, that was so creepy. The choice at the end you get, its been said before but its amazing to find that kind of depth in a mod. There are no words to described the amount of praise this mod, and everyone who worked on it deserves!

I have a few questions that left me thinking, wait, what about this!? at the end so hopefully you guys can bring me some closure.

1. The zombie hospital chicks, who locked you in a room one time, and that appeared in the morgue, whats going on there? Are they with the girl, were they doing us harm?

2. The shadows, who/what are they and where did they come from?

3. I kept getting hit by nothing and losing like 5 hp at random sections. I'd get the red hit marks on the screen sides, then id look around and there'd be nothing in sight. I think it happened mostly when i thought the girl would appear, I remember one or more times it definately happened was in the manequin section. What was this?

I think i have more questions but i can't think of anything else right now. I've managed to find At least 3 easter eggs so far, Ill put the locations of the first two in spoiler tags if you want to find them for yourself, the last ones kind of hard to mention without revealing its location.

Hens portrait

In the first elevator shaft, when you get to the top, jump out and it falls, if you look into the shaft, then look to your left you'll see a steel column. Jump on it and go to the other side of the shaft, can't miss it.

The Announcer

At the hospital exit, theres a reception desk on the right after you leave the elevator, go in the door behind that, then turn left. I was expecting the chair to turn around, and i'd see the TF2 announcer there lol.

And last but not least, the crazy scientist whose name escapes me right now, has a board in his bedroom which is full of easter eggs.

Anyway, i just scrolled up to realise I'd wrote a big ass wall of text so i'll end it here. Again, huge props to everybody who worked on the project, you've really created something special here, I eagerly await to find out what you do next!

Haha you guys are awesome, it's fun to wake up and see this.

@spiderpiglol: 1 - It's the nurses, originally they were planned to be a real enemy that screams at you but it was too buggy and hard to code, so we cut them, we still didn't wanted to lose the model so I used them in a few parts.

2 - who knows.

3 - It's a part of a random scare system, punches is one of the things it do, if you got hit too much it means you're having a bad luck. :)

Honestly, the best mod I have ever played.

Damn! It was even better than Half-Life 2: Episode 2 itself! Not to mention Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

And the gameplay is simply amazing, script writing (I don't mean like programming, I mean like script writing) is the best I've seen for a game, and the story, I wouldn't thought of anything like it even if I tried my whole life! And the atmosphere really get you into the game, and plus the music is the so great, I think all the team should have sold the mod to Valve instead of releasing it for free, and after this Valve should definetly hire the team. If not so, you gotta make Indie games!

Totally worth the wait.

Edit:

Oh and wasn't in creepy when:

nh2c50002.jpg

And wasn't it funny when:

nh2c20000.jpg

I found a few things in NH2:

The Dancing doctor!

post-16761-128258313777.jpg

Hen!?! Were you in Romera's family?

post-16761-128258376057.jpg

Thats all I found. happy.gif

Edit: Sorry its so big. I'll resize it next time.

Edited by house

hen missed my message :(, i loved the part where all the mannequins kept appearing and following you there was a ton of subtle things i recognized. like there's a bunch of them blocking you in a hallway with a door behind them and they are facing you, then you jump over them and i turned around they were still facing me! also the man that turns into the mannequin actually blew my mind i was like "oh a friend at last, want me to unlock the door? ok" (unlocks door) "so how have you bee-" (mannequin) "FFFUUUUUUUUU"

WTF! LOLOLOL! How'd you find that OZProtuctions? I'd like to know where that is!

Right in the beggining there the elevator that falls after you leave it, you can jump after it falls, on the right side there is something you can land o, you go close to the wall and there's a crack, and here.

But eXeC says there is one like this in each chapter, and there are tons of easter eggs that are hard to find.

WTF! LOLOLOL! How'd you find that OZProtuctions? I'd like to know where that is!

Right in the beggining there the elevator that falls after you leave it, you can jump after it falls, on the right side there is something you can land o, you go close to the wall and there's a crack, and here.

But eXeC says there is one like this in each chapter, and there are tons of easter eggs that are hard to find.

Did you see the two easter eggs I just posted? (I'm just asking)

They were funny when I saw them. :) I liked the Dancing Doctor easter egg the most.

Did you see the two easter eggs I just posted? (I'm just asking)

They were funny when I saw them. :) I liked the Dancing Doctor easter egg the most.

Sweet lemonade!

Seen this one, I laughed so hard. She licked the dead body :D

For fun with an npc we sadly didn't have a chance to actually use (but as far as I know, is fully modelled and coded), try turning on cheats and entering:

npc_create npc_nh_creeper

Be sure to do it somewhere with a lot of contrast in lights ;)

I just wanna post again to say how amazing the game was lol. imma go play it again now. Btw when the SWAT guy dissapeared i noticed it before they even mentioned it. lmao. I turned around and was like WTF wasnt there 1 more guy lol Amazing game guys. definatly worth the wait.

where was the Dancing Doctor?

The last level. In the room where Romero talks to you through the T.Vs and Radios, Theirs a locked door. Noclip into it.

I found the Hen picture everyone was talking about:

post-16761-128260053389.jpg

Lol, I went to a level and noclipped to where Romero talks to you through a T.V. and he said this: (Look at subtitle)

post-16761-128260068523.jpg

I have to say, it is sad when the SWAT die. sad.gif

post-16761-128260074555.jpg

One other thing about the dying SWAT: It is scary when that guy gets swooped under the gate and was splatted into bones. I really liked that person. sad.gif

----------------------------------------

Last one: NH2 IS RELEASED:

post-16761-128260079339.jpg

Thats what I found. I'll post more when I find more.

Edited by house

Wow. Wow wow wow. I've never really played a horror game before, and I completely loved this.

For the most part, I was scared most of the time, especially in two parts:

1. When your flashlight will only blink and you have to find your way around.

2. THE SHADOWS. I almost started crying they scared me out of my wits AWWWMAGAAAAWD.

This game is the MOST BESTEST GAME I've ever played! Honest! This game really rocked! I also likes the easter eggs. They were funny and weird. smile.gif

Plus, I found one Cut Npc? and two bugs:

Invisable Zombie! Question about this one: Was this a cut NPC?

post-16761-128260774471.jpg

I am here to help! (Look at subtitle)

post-16761-128260780382.jpg

Since when was I Dr. Freeman? (Look at subtitle)

post-16761-128260786866.jpg

Thats all I found. happy.gif I'll post some more when I find more. smile.gif

Edited by house