Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

Stupid HL2 citizen AI, there is always something.

And yeah that's npc_nh_creeper he's cut.

They were NP- Wait... I always knew that! Lol!

I found some cool stuff and found out stuff and found more eastereggs.

Citizen Reskin?

post-16761-128261451165.jpg

When will I start my mission? (Before the Apache took off, I went in it on the helipad and did stuff. smile.gif )

post-16761-128261463925.jpg

I never noticed, but when I nocliped torward the Apache while its flying, I SAW THE SWAT IN IT! THIS GAME IS SOOO REALISTIC!

post-16761-128261478643.jpg

post-16761-128261479657.jpg

This is what was making the shadow:

post-16761-128261529569.jpg

post-16761-128261552114.jpg

I nocliped to the girl when you see here on the table and she was making this face:

post-16761-128261563865.jpg

Thats what I found. Like I said before, I'll post more when I find more. smile.gif

Edited by house

Just finished it. I had stumbled upon the game not too long ago. I played the flash nightmare house a long time ago, along with the Jason one. Those were great. But this?

This is getting mod of the year no doubt (well, unless Black Mesa decides to release this year :P ) with its well paced gameplay with fighting and puzzles, and although the enemies were just HL2 ai with other models strapped on, the puzzles were unique, especially considering the limitation of the lack of the gravity gun.

The graphics seemed very good, even with my crappy integrated graphics chip running the game at 640x480. It didn't even lag, well, save for some heavy action parts. But the funny thing is it looked better than Half-life 2 at the same resolution. I run the pre orange box engine stuff fine on pretty high graphics at 800x600, but the orange box engine doesn't like my computer. But, in HL2, everything seemed very jagged at that resolution. Here, strangely, not at all.

As for the scary factor, I'd say it starts out about as scary as doom 3, then winds down towards the ending.

Overall, amazing game. However, was I supposed to leave the subtitles on? I turned them off when I realized they were on, thinking "I'm not deaf nor from another country!" but apparently it added to the atmosphere or something...

Just finished it. I had stumbled upon the game not too long ago. I played the flash nightmare house a long time ago, along with the Jason one. Those were great. But this?

This is getting mod of the year no doubt (well, unless Black Mesa decides to release this year :P ) with its well paced gameplay with fighting and puzzles, and although the enemies were just HL2 ai with other models strapped on, the puzzles were unique, especially considering the limitation of the lack of the gravity gun.

The graphics seemed very good, even with my crappy integrated graphics chip running the game at 640x480. It didn't even lag, well, save for some heavy action parts. But the funny thing is it looked better than Half-life 2 at the same resolution. I run the pre orange box engine stuff fine on pretty high graphics at 800x600, but the orange box engine doesn't like my computer. But, in HL2, everything seemed very jagged at that resolution. Here, strangely, not at all.

As for the scary factor, I'd say it starts out about as scary as doom 3, then winds down towards the ending.

Overall, amazing game. However, was I supposed to leave the subtitles on? I turned them off when I realized they were on, thinking "I'm not deaf nor from another country!" but apparently it added to the atmosphere or something...

It depends on how high volume you play the game :)

And Black Mesa isn't a match for this! :D

Hen, do you know one thing?

You just release this mod right at Chinese's ghost day.

23/8

And Black Mesa isn't a match for this! :D

You can't compare a mod with few people worked on with a mod with many people wprking on, plus, they both isn't a same theme.

Said which one was better?

Edit: I said this because it looks like you used the wrong word. Said should be say.

Just correcting you. :)

Edited by house

i just loved the Condemned Mannequin Scene !

really freaked out when "it happened" to me in condemned, even the second and third time i played it.

When it started in NH2 i was like "fuck off i'm not moving anymore" !

Also i loved the "tunnel of ghosts" scene, allthough i would of liked a little hint where to go or what to do. I ran through about 5 times and it scared me everytime. Would of been more effective with some whispering behind you all the time.

The only thing i really disliked was the effect where the dead body is getting pulled away behind a corner.

It worked the first 2 times, that's it. Way to overused.

I am a mapper for several years myself and i know how difficult it is to come up with new and interesting, shocking and possible effects.

All in all - A M A Z I N G

Can't wait for the next horrorproject.

Would like to see something "saw"-based.

Some traps that could kill you and some nice scary effects and alot of puzzling :)

Great Mod ;D.. Only thing I was disappointed with was the ending.. "Thank you".. lol. The story overall was strong and the mapping, models etc. was awesome. I experienced a little bug thou. Where the two vans is where you have to activate the forklift, the bots didn't respond at the door at first. But I reloaded the game and it worked like a charm ;D Thanks for creating these mods. Really love them ;D

Great Mod ;D.. Only thing I was disappointed with was the ending.. "Thank you".. lol. The story overall was strong and the mapping, models etc. was awesome. I experienced a little bug thou. Where the two vans is where you have to activate the forklift, the bots didn't respond at the door at first. But I reloaded the game and it worked like a charm ;D Thanks for creating these mods. Really love them ;D

Why didn't you like the ending? I thought it was good.

Also, the SWAT weren't bots. They were NPCs with the npc_citizen script.

Btw:

i havnt seen anyone mention this.

Has anyone noticed that when you have to go ontop of the containers and through the vent to open the door for the SAWT's that when ur in the vent and look through the opening, that they are dead? :D

genious.

I feel like we don't know the entire history of

Emily, Romero and their house

And I think I still didn't understand the reasons for the zombies...

Are they victims of the Core? And didn't the Core just affected people mind?

This is what I understood:

1-Emily and Romero were married, and for some reason she commited suicide. Maybe he cheated her, because she was really mad and also she killed him.

2-The "demons"(creepy "zombies") are just your imajination, but they still can kill you.

3-the girl hates everyone and is tearing everyones in pieces for some reason.

4-Emily saved you from NH1 zombies and you went to the NLH Hospital. The reason for being in Mad Room can be:

a) they just thought you were crazy.

B) Romero put you there so you think NH1 was just a nightmare.

5-the things the game makes obvious, for example the SWAT objective.

BTW nice P0rtal refetence! "look at me still talking where there's science to do".

edit:

Btw:

i havnt seen anyone mention this.

Has anyone noticed that when you have to go ontop of the containers and through the vent to open the door for the SAWT's that when ur in the vent and look through the opening, that they are dead? :D

genious.

I noticed!

Edited by ruanito 2.0

I played it with headphones, so I think I'm good, :D

But didn't you guys screw around with the subtitle system to scare people?

Also, when I saw the mannequins, I thought "This must have been an elaborate prank pulled off by one of the staff here. He probably got fired for it." as if there was a freeman's mind style playthrough of this.

OOOH THEY SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A FREEMAN'S MIND FOR NH2!!!

It'd totally ruin its scaryness, of course :P

Sorry I'm not posting here a lot guys, I'm being flooded with mails and comments, needs to wait for things to calm down.

<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;">Great Mod ;D.. Only thing I was disappointed with was the ending.. "Thank you".. lol. The story overall was strong and the mapping, models etc. was awesome. I experienced a little bug thou. Where the two vans is where you have to activate the forklift, the bots didn't respond at the door at first. But I reloaded the game and it worked like a charm ;D Thanks for creating these mods. Really love them ;D<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">I feel like we don't know the entire history of

Emily, Romero and their house

...<br style="text-shadow: none;">And I think I still didn't understand the reasons for the zombies...

Are they victims of the Core? And didn't the Core just affected people mind?

<br style="text-shadow: none;">This is what I understood:<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;">1-Emily and Romero were married, and for some reason she commited suicide. Maybe he cheated her, because she was really mad and also she killed him.<br style="text-shadow: none;">2-The "demons"(creepy "zombies") are just your imajination, but they still can kill you.<br style="text-shadow: none;">3-the girl hates everyone and is tearing everyones in pieces for some reason.<br style="text-shadow: none;">4-Emily saved you from NH1 zombies and you went to the NLH Hospital. The reason for being in Mad Room can be:<br style="text-shadow: none;">a) they just thought you were crazy.<br style="text-shadow: none;"> B) Romero put you there so you think NH1 was just a nightmare.<br style="text-shadow: none;">5-the things the game makes obvious, for example the SWAT objective.<br style="text-shadow: none;">BTW nice P0rtal refetence! "look at me still talking where there's science to do".<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">edit:<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;">Btw:<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">i havnt seen anyone mention this.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">Has anyone noticed that when you have to go ontop of the containers and through the vent to open the door for the SAWT's that when ur in the vent and look through the opening, that they are dead? :D <br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">genious.<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"> I noticed!<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">

You have it all wrong. I don't know about the storyline but Emily wasn't trying to kill you, and I think the skeletons and blood and shit were all from the zombies, which she was killing.

<br style="text-shadow: none;">

Please stop trying to use HTML in your post. It wont work here.

Emily is Romero's wife. He made a mistake when using the core and killed her/turned her into zombie. He made the same mistake at the hospital which is why there are so many zombies.

I think that NH2 was by far one of the best horrors I've ever played. I myself being a small-time SDK mapper, am constantly vexed by the type of strategies that you guys are able to pull off, such as the recurring theme of turning around and a different path being available, or touching a door and having it jet back about 100 feet. Nightmare house 2 also did a really good job of keeping the overall aura of the game fixated on fear, which constantly kept me on my toes throughout the game. Also, the lighting and character choreography was really well done, as were the cutscenes throughout the game. The only thing about the horror scenes that i think could have been done better is that some of the horror "rooms" are a bit predictable. For instance, some of the creepy zombie spawns are predictable; specifically the chef one, because you guys pulled the same kind of trick in the first one. Dont get me wrong, its a great moment, but it was predictable. On the other hand, some of the scenes were very original, such as the mannequin scene (pure genious) and the part where the room slowly closes in on you and you look up and see Emily (and subsequently piss your pants). Also, some of the weaponry realism was off and it bugged me a litle throughout the game, like the fact that it took less time for you to reload an mp5 grenadier than it did to reload a cz-52. The last thing that could have been better is that there were far too many locked doors, which led me, in some places, to wander around aimlesly for a good ten minutes trying to figure out where to go. Other than that, this mod is outstandingly splendid! This has to rank as my new favorie mod for HL2, rivalling korsakovia and Minerva: Metastasis on my list. Here is some of my first time gameplay for anyone who cares,

And Hen, I know that this mod wasn't easy to make, and there isnt a whole lot of room in the storyline for a sequel, but I would love to see one come out in the future (I feel that the whole thing with Emily ended a little too abruptly, I hardly even got to know her)--it would make me and a lot of other gamers even more happy :)

I loved the mod, it had a great story and gameplay, I also got freaked out from playing it a second time too. Playing through with headphones on was really scary, especially when there was a noise like someone saying Pssst in your ear. And also, I ran into a small bug when I went through the game the second time. where you have to let the swat through the door, in the next door that they kick down, he tells you to get out of the way. If you are in the hallway that leads to the vent he still thinks that you are in front of the door. Lastly, I found the helicopter crash really hard to avoid, I even stayed completely inside the building to avoid the helicopter but still died. Took me 5 tries to get through. Also, where is the developer commentary that I was really hoping for?

So guys do you forgive me for delaying it so many times?

@iggle It might come later, if people will demand it, as long with some more bonuses.

So guys do you forgive me for delaying it so many times?

@iggle It might come later, if people will demand it, as long with some more bonuses.

After seeing the number of possible things that could have gone wrong, I do NOT hold you responsible--or anyone for that matter